Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 roll bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 07:47 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Wow, tough experience for him. I’d feel exactly the same way. In fact, as he was describing this I was thinking I would receive the new one and test the center section with the mounts that I would leave in the car; if it fit, then I’d return the old center section along with the new mounting sections and tell them, “Thanks! This new roll bar works perfectly!” Of course, if you have to return the bad one first that’s not possible.
Old 12-07-2023, 09:37 AM
dwonda
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Wow, tough experience for him. I’d feel exactly the same way. In fact, as he was describing this I was thinking I would receive the new one and test the center section with the mounts that I would leave in the car; if it fit, then I’d return the old center section along with the new mounting sections and tell them, “Thanks! This new roll bar works perfectly!” Of course, if you have to return the bad one first that’s not possible.
Ya it kind of makes me want to default to the Heigo bar just because every piece has some adjustment so you know fitment won’t be an issue.

I’ve read too many bad fitment experiences, and it seems like half or more are getting them professionally installed and don’t even really know how difficult it was or wasn’t. And a lot of people are getting them installed only after getting it into a pretensioned state which I worry about too. What are the long terms of that on the chassis? How does that affect handling characteristics? Even if it’s not twerking the chassis at rest it could affect how the chassis resists being torqued in different directions. And then the constant stress it puts on the mounting points. And it isn’t just that brand either.
Old 12-07-2023, 11:56 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by dwonda
Ya it kind of makes me want to default to the Heigo bar just because every piece has some adjustment so you know fitment won’t be an issue.

I’ve read too many bad fitment experiences, and it seems like half or more are getting them professionally installed and don’t even really know how difficult it was or wasn’t. And a lot of people are getting them installed only after getting it into a pretensioned state which I worry about too. What are the long terms of that on the chassis? How does that affect handling characteristics? Even if it’s not twerking the chassis at rest it could affect how the chassis resists being torqued in different directions. And then the constant stress it puts on the mounting points. And it isn’t just that brand either.
Good points. That would eat at my mind all the time if I had installed it and knew it was all tensioned up just to get it to fit. I don't know what I think would happen, so much as I'd just be bothered by it, figuring fatique was going on somewhere in the system.

All my rollbar installation experience is 30 years ago with 4-point Harddog bars in Miatas and they all fit when I sat them in the first time, but that's a much simpler alignment puzzle. I think I'd hire this one done.

Quick Reply: GT4 roll bar