Sponsored by: APR

981 Dundon GT4 Header GB

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 06:35 PM
user1029
Rennlist Member

Received 552 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Nope, not necessary. We’ve never sent them or needed them. We do include studs, nuts, specially designed crush gaskets in the Inconel flanges.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:55 PM
greggmorton
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Hands down best OG video yet. The high level technical explanations from the Dundon team are awesome...

The following users liked this post:
808Bill (08-09-2019)
Old 08-07-2019, 10:02 PM
Switchfoot614
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Engineering makes power over shiny pipes welded together..
greggmorton (08-07-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 01:03 PM
WC31
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Has anyone received their headers yet? Post pics and reviews!

Still no shipping notification for me yet.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:48 PM
domkrz
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Awaiting to hear some reviews and videos. I know there’s a bunch of content already out there regarding these headers - but does anyone have a video of a stock GT4 running beside a Dundon equipped car? I’m curious as to how much harder the Dundon car pulls.

Kinda regret not getting in on this GB now.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:31 PM
TEX997TT
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great video and explanation of the engineering behind making power in the GT cars.
greggmorton (08-08-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 02:32 PM
CyberGeorge
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WC31
Has anyone received their headers yet? Post pics and reviews!

Still no shipping notification for me yet.
Mine shipped, but it was interrupted for some quality control issue. They'll rework it and sending back.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:54 PM
Switchfoot614
Instructor

Originally Posted by CyberGeorge
Mine shipped, but it was interrupted for some quality control issue. They'll rework it and sending back.
In process flange orientation noticed which led to a recall on all headers before delivery. You should have received an email from Dundon on Monday. Please check your spam. Freight updated to 2 day on the replacement sets.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Cueballbb
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If kstccf is in, we have 2. Looking for a 3rd.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:15 PM
Ugly-Nugget
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received my headers a couple of weeks ago but I had ordered a couple weeks before the group buy, I ordered the rest of the kit during the group buy. All the parts look top shelf and the quality is very good. I had the headers installed a couple days ago along with the filters. I have not installed the Cobb yet but I will be doing it tomorrow. I will try and get some videos.

Cold start is a little louder, driving with valves closed is quiet until you get over 3500. Valves open is very noticeable At all revs quite loud at WOT.

I got the no cat versions
Old 08-08-2019, 06:14 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by domkrz
Awaiting to hear some reviews and videos. I know there’s a bunch of content already out there regarding these headers - but does anyone have a video of a stock GT4 running beside a Dundon equipped car? I’m curious as to how much harder the Dundon car pulls.

Kinda regret not getting in on this GB now.
Not specifically aimed at Dundon, but I've been asking for years for a video like this when it comes to mods. Sharkwerks did an outstanding job of this very concept with their original Kermit GT3 video. They showed the parts, then showed dyno plots, then ran 2 GT3s side by side on a track so you could visually see the difference the mods made. Best marketing material you could ask for, as it eliminates all of the arguing over dyno conditions and such (which Dundon endured when they first launched their headers).

I would volunteer my car as the stock/slow car if anyone in San Diego wants to show off their new header-equipped car (it would also give me a chance to hear these badboys in person finally!)
Old 08-08-2019, 06:31 PM
greggmorton
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by switchface
Not specifically aimed at Dundon, but I've been asking for years for a video like this when it comes to mods. Sharkwerks did an outstanding job of this very concept with their original Kermit GT3 video. They showed the parts, then showed dyno plots, then ran 2 GT3s side by side on a track so you could visually see the difference the mods made. Best marketing material you could ask for, as it eliminates all of the arguing over dyno conditions and such (which Dundon endured when they first launched their headers).

I would volunteer my car as the stock/slow car if anyone in San Diego wants to show off their new header-equipped car (it would also give me a chance to hear these badboys in person finally!)
Would love to see a side-by-side run of the GT4 (w/ w/o Dundon headers)!
Old 08-08-2019, 06:41 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

Do you have a link to the 2 GT3s side by side on a track?
I tried searching but didn't come up.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:49 PM
Switchfoot614
Instructor

Lightbulb

We can actually make that happen in Houston very soon. I'll be installing a set on my buddies car after it arrives this Sunday and will hold back on installing my set.

Stock vs Stock with headers
Stock vs Stock with headers and tune
Cobb Tune vs headers and tune.

We have plenty of safe areas to test that out (up to reasonable speeds).
greggmorton (08-08-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 08:48 PM
user1029
Rennlist Member

Received 552 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberGeorge
This

Quick Reply: 981 Dundon GT4 Header GB