Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4FAST - My New Track Car Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019 | 11:08 AM
GT345
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by doba_s
Since I am running Dundon headers with GT3 muffler setup I wasn’t able to get diffuser installed on my car. I got one and it’s a really nice piece but not fitting properly with my current exhaust setup.
Interesting... I had read your post about it and happen to have a spare GT3 muffler in my garage so the idea was crossing my mind.

Did you do a before and after dyno with the headers and muffler?

Also that wing is probably enough rear down force for your car, I wanted to add something that did not create any drag.
Old 04-12-2019 | 03:03 PM
AZWCat
Instructor

Is it the aftermarket headers or the GT3 mufflers that interferes with the diffuser?
Old 04-16-2019 | 12:28 AM
GT345
Burning Brakes

Old 04-16-2019 | 12:23 PM
AZWCat
Instructor

Looks great, although they should have used black screws so they don’t stick out so much. Can’t wait to hear your impressions on the track.
Old 04-16-2019 | 04:13 PM
GT345
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AZWCat
Looks great, although they should have used black screws so they don’t stick out so much. Can’t wait to hear your impressions on the track.
Not a bad idea, but I assume these are stainless so they won't rust and what came with the diffuser.
Old 04-16-2019 | 10:53 PM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT345
Interesting... I had read your post about it and happen to have a spare GT3 muffler in my garage so the idea was crossing my mind.

Did you do a before and after dyno with the headers and muffler?

Also that wing is probably enough rear down force for your car, I wanted to add something that did not create any drag.
I didn't do a before/after dyno as I honestly don't care much about power gains. I really like the sound of my GT3 so this mod was mainly to achieve the same sound. As a matter of a fact I am running GT3RS Titanium muffler on my 964 as well

For me gaining more power is the last mod i would consider doing as I think suspension and aero is far more important. Car can go even quicker at the current HP level as long as the suspension is properly dialed in and aero is balanced.
Old 04-16-2019 | 10:54 PM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

Is it the aftermarket headers or the GT3 mufflers that interferes with the diffuser?
It's a muffler itself. It hangs down too low (about 4" lower than stock) and it pushed diffuser too low.
Old 04-17-2019 | 12:32 AM
khoahtran
Instructor

Since I am running Dundon headers with GT3 muffler setup I wasn’t able to get diffuser installed on my car. I got one and it’s a really nice piece but not fitting properly with my current exhaust setup.
how are you able to pass sound at Laguna? I have cg race headers and gt3 muffler and don’t think I’d ever pass sound there. Been swapping back to stock exhaust everytime I run Laguna.
Old 04-17-2019 | 01:43 AM
GT345
Burning Brakes

I didn't do a before/after dyno as I honestly don't care much about power gains. I really like the sound of my GT3 so this mod was mainly to achieve the same sound. As a matter of a fact I am running GT3RS Titanium muffler on my 964 as well

For me gaining more power is the last mod i would consider doing as I think suspension and aero is far more important. Car can go even quicker at the current HP level as long as the suspension is properly dialed in and aero is balanced.
Well I would assume you did get some extra pony's with the Headers and Exhaust, was curious how much because Dundon was claiming some pretty big numbers from those headers and it was making me scratch my head.
Old 04-17-2019 | 11:20 AM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by khoahtran
how are you able to pass sound at Laguna? I have cg race headers and gt3 muffler and don’t think I’d ever pass sound there. Been swapping back to stock exhaust everytime I run Laguna.
If you still have exhaust valves like stock setup I can help you to pass sound. My setup from Dundon basically retains exhaust valves (I ordered that way) so I can pass sound at Laguna. I use gps module that I make that controls the valves.
Old 04-17-2019 | 11:25 AM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

Well I would assume you did get some extra pony's with the Headers and Exhaust, was curious how much because Dundon was claiming some pretty big numbers from those headers and it was making me scratch my head.
Yes I can feel the car feels more agile. I have done lots of dyno runs in the past and one thing is for certain the numbers would vary from day to day, different place, different dyno machine, etc. I like the way car feels and sounds and thats is what I was looking for and if it makes more power it's great!

I actually have a set of newly released Dundon intake runners. Been about 2 weeks now and I haven't had time to put them on yet
Old 04-17-2019 | 02:11 PM
sobiloff
Racer

My setup from Dundon basically retains exhaust valves (I ordered that way) so I can pass sound at Laguna. I use gps module that I make that controls the valves.
OK, that's just plain cool!
Old 04-17-2019 | 08:54 PM
Verus-Eric
Former Vendor

Install looks great Alan. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to your feedback after a few track days.

Alan is correct; hardware throughout is 100% stainless. We have done black oxide coated hardware in the past and it starts rusting quickly. All hardware is listed in our install manuals though so people are definitely able to source their own hardware if the want is there. Black spray paint could be another option as well I'd guess.
Old 04-21-2019 | 09:48 PM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

Tried running my car at Thundehill wingless. It's amazing how much small stock wing does to keep the car stable. Driving without a wing was pretty fun but kinda scary ... car is absolutely unbalanced and almost impossible to drive. I got my time down to 2:01 on 3mi course over the top and probably could have gone a bit quicker (2min flat) but I didn't want crazy oversteer to completely consume my tires

I do like GT4 Touring look

Aleks.
Old 04-21-2019 | 10:16 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Tried running my car at Thundehill wingless.
why?

Quick Reply: GT4FAST - My New Track Car Build