Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart
Congrats. Welcome to the club
Thank you!
Old 02-23-2019, 11:45 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Great looking GT4. Have fun tracking it!
Old 02-23-2019, 12:50 PM
Space Coast GT3
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Alex, Welcome! Beautiful GT4. I really like the track photo under the lights. Just to share: I do all of my own maintenance. To date has just been oil changes, air filters, brake fluids, and brakes. Pretty straight forward really. Lots of how to’s in the forum and the web. My local dealer is $350 for oil change service. I buy Mobile1 at discount store and the Porsche filter from mail order Porsche dealer and do myself for $80. I make sure I use Porsche recommend parts and keep receipts in case there is ever any warranty questions. Plus doing myself makes me feel like the car is more of my hobby. Just my thoughts anyway.

Enjoy the drive!
Old 02-23-2019, 06:26 PM
MrFly
Track Day

Originally Posted by Space Coast GT3
Hi Alex, Welcome! Beautiful GT4. I really like the track photo under the lights. Just to share: I do all of my own maintenance. To date has just been oil changes, air filters, brake fluids, and brakes. Pretty straight forward really. Lots of how to’s in the forum and the web. My local dealer is $350 for oil change service. I buy Mobile1 at discount store and the Porsche filter from mail order Porsche dealer and do myself for $80. I make sure I use Porsche recommend parts and keep receipts in case there is ever any warranty questions. Plus doing myself makes me feel like the car is more of my hobby. Just my thoughts anyway.

Enjoy the drive!
Thanks! I'd love to do the maintenance myself! It's a bit problematic finding things such as proper engine oil, and brake fluid (I'd like to get my hands on Castrol SRF). A friend of mine was observing the maintenance being done on his GT3RS, and the guys at Porsche used engine oil from an unmarked rusty barrel. When asked what oil was being used, the reply was they didn't know. It seems to be difficult to find the proper Mobil1 oil here, and good braking fluid. I do believe my best bet would be finding a shop that specializes in racing teams/performance cars.

I went to get my car aligned the other day, and the first guy simply didn't understand why I'd do an alignment if I wasn't experiencing any issues such as vibrations etc. The next guy concluded that the GT4 could not be aligned at all I ended up doing it for him at this point.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:27 PM
MrFly
Track Day

Originally Posted by BryanCO
Great looking GT4. Have fun tracking it!
Thanks! I sure am! The last trackday of the season is coming up soon already.

Quick Reply: new GT4 owner!