Sponsored by: APR

New to me GT4!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 08:57 AM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Leuz
Beautiful! Just so you know, black is a PITA to maintain, I have the metallic one... but boy it looks the meanest.
If want sound and (some) performance, swap out the headers for high flow cats or, even better, race headers and a tune. Some shops here on the forum have good reputation on this. I myself chose DMS headers, sound and power to drool for. My 2 cents.
Enjoy!
Originally Posted by Alan C.
Add a set of Dundon Headers, Dundon Tune and TPC DSC and Links. No problem with a dirty black GT4. You'll be inside driving it with a big smile.
+1
DMS race headers really wake the engine up.
Also helps somewhat with the drop in RPMs between gears, as the added torque allows one to shift sooner without having to wind it out as much.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:02 PM
G-forceGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
Default real driving experience

Congrats on your awesome black beauty!

I've recently joined the ranks of GT4 owner club as well. Will post pics soon. Several black P's in my past & loved em' all, just needed to change it up so went with Carmine. Get a lot of thumbs up from pedestrian on lookers, which makes a grin!

Over last few weeks put ~ 1K miles on car & just think this car is terrific!

Having had S, 4S, TT, & TTS (997.1, 997.2, & 991) 911 varieties, I was hesitant to jump ship to GT4. Thought I would miss the power & feel of 911, wrong!

This GT4 is just amazing to drive, fun, pure & simple. The turbo's have become a bloated, mind numbing power houses, & sort of sterile driving experience. The new cars are crazy fast. Acceleration with PDK now unreal, & great for big speeding tickets, inducing nausea, & falling asleep.

Porsche has nailed a real driving experience with this car. You don't need to be going fast & this is appreciated.

Best of all they've left room on the table with the 3.8 to go beyond an already great driving experience. A more robust LSD, headers, plenum & TB, with tune, makes the car a constant shadow for any GT3 on track.

Take your car to US#2 hwy & the car will implant a permanent smile on your face! Track, canyon, daily driving, just go have fun man!
Old 10-17-2017, 01:07 PM
Shockwave
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by G-forceTarga4S
Congrats on your awesome black beauty!

I've recently joined the ranks of GT4 owner club as well. Will post pics soon. Several black P's in my past & loved em' all, just needed to change it up so went with Carmine. Get a lot of thumbs up from pedestrian on lookers, which makes a grin!

Over last few weeks put ~ 1K miles on car & just think this car is terrific!

Having had S, 4S, TT, & TTS (997.1, 997.2, & 991) 911 varieties, I was hesitant to jump ship to GT4. Thought I would miss the power & feel of 911, wrong!

This GT4 is just amazing to drive, fun, pure & simple. The turbo's have become a bloated, mind numbing power houses, & sort of sterile driving experience. The new cars are crazy fast. Acceleration with PDK now unreal, & great for big speeding tickets, inducing nausea, & falling asleep.

Porsche has nailed a real driving experience with this car. You don't need to be going fast & this is appreciated.

Best of all they've left room on the table with the 3.8 to go beyond an already great driving experience. A more robust LSD, headers, plenum & TB, with tune, makes the car a constant shadow for any GT3 on track.

Take your car to US#2 hwy & the car will implant a permanent smile on your face! Track, canyon, daily driving, just go have fun man!
Well said and i couldn't agree more.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:18 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Shockwave
Early morning or late evening driving for me only... typically Fri-Sun.

May explain why i only have 2250 miles on mine and i took delivery over 18 months ago.
Basically the same. Fri-Sunday with exceptions of course. Also dependent on where I'm driving to parking wise.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:14 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 126 Posts

I think it makes a fantastic quasi-daily-driver. Meaning I love driving my GT4, and I really love driving my built 14 Wrangler. Depending on where and when I'm going somewhere, and which vehicle I've been driving more lately, I grab the keys to the one that floats my boat at that exact time. Very often the decision isn't made till I'm standing in the garage looking at the key locker.

So both get driven throughout the week, but I never have to drive either of them. Ugly weather and a clean GT4? Drive the Jeep. Ugly weather but light traffic and a dirty GT4? Take the Porsche. Etc. Whatever feels best.

Quick Reply: New to me GT4!