Sponsored by: APR

My GT4 at first AutoX Event

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 07:12 AM
iheart9k
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My GT4 at first AutoX Event

Attended the PCA GGR Autocross school at Alameda Point on 7/29/17. First time at an AutoX event and first time taking my CR GT4 to the limits. Highly recommended for any GT4 owner as I gained a whole new perspective and appreciation of what the car can handle. Coming from an AP1 S2000, the GT4 felt so stable and solid that it gave me a lot of confidence. With the GT4’s mid-engine setup and overall package, this is a great GT car for beginners IMO. Ran the AutoX with OEM Dunlops, stock suspension and camber settings. Apologies for the poor HLT video due to poor iphone mount.

Skidpad
Event started off with a 20min skidpad session. There is a bit of understeer with the car as others have noted. Was able to get 1.2G measured on HLT for what its worth. Could not get the car to spinout with so much grip on the tires.

AutoX
There were 4x1hr sessions with each car getting about 4 runs in the first 3 sessions and 5-6 on the last session as some left early. In the first 2 sessions, I focused on improvements on the big sweeping left in the beginning and the slalom. Instructor was daring me to really work the steal brakes. Didn’t realize how phenomenal they were until that day. Happy to end up with a 50.68 and could have shaved 0.5s if I had additional sessions working on my lines and throttle in the last 3rd of the course. Saw 1 or 2 beginner times below 50 and instructors were pulling 45-49s with their own cars. Had a great experience and look fwd to taking it to the track so I can see if I can get 3rd gear to fail.

Quick Reply: My GT4 at first AutoX Event