Sponsored by: Silver Rocket

ICD Graphics

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2024, 02:02 PM
Schnell 911
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Default ICD Graphics

All I want to do is change Metric to Imperial readings on my display. I successfully connected to the ICD w/ PI Toolbox but had zero success locating any settings, configuration or anything related to this correction. Is this intact a DIY and have any of you done this? Thank you.

Last edited by Schnell 911; 06-09-2024 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-09-2024, 06:54 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 265 Posts

My memory is fuzzy, and haven't done this in a while. As I recall-

You need to be in Pi Toolset. Once in there you should see one or more "Set-Ups". (You can work on these without being connected to the dash.) If you are connected, you can open the Set-up the dash currently has in it. Then you click on "Look Up Tables". For each table there are comments on what the inputs are and what the units are. Toward the bottom of the page are the inputs you make in designated "Rows". There should be a Look up table for units. In the comments will be which Row in the inputs are speed, temperature, pressure, etc. And either a 0 or 1 for which units you want. like kph vs mph. I can't recall if 0 or 1 is metric or imperial, but it's in the comments. After editing and saving the set-up, there is an icon in the upper corner of toolset to send the setup to the ICD. You must be connected for that of course.

hope that helps. Reading the above it sounds a bit cryptic. There should be a section in the tech manual and maybe a tutorial video in the PMRSI web site- assuming you have access.

edit- FYI, I checked PMRSI and you need Toolset v 7.0 (can be downloaded from the site) and there is a basic setup that you can download to then edit for the units you want, tire circumference, etc. And there are a couple of videos on Toolset and Set-Ups.

Last edited by zedcat; 06-09-2024 at 07:03 PM.
Old 06-09-2024, 09:25 PM
Schnell 911
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by zedcat
My memory is fuzzy, and haven't done this in a while. As I recall-

You need to be in Pi Toolset. Once in there you should see one or more "Set-Ups". (You can work on these without being connected to the dash.) If you are connected, you can open the Set-up the dash currently has in it. Then you click on "Look Up Tables". For each table there are comments on what the inputs are and what the units are. Toward the bottom of the page are the inputs you make in designated "Rows". There should be a Look up table for units. In the comments will be which Row in the inputs are speed, temperature, pressure, etc. And either a 0 or 1 for which units you want. like kph vs mph. I can't recall if 0 or 1 is metric or imperial, but it's in the comments. After editing and saving the set-up, there is an icon in the upper corner of toolset to send the setup to the ICD. You must be connected for that of course.

hope that helps. Reading the above it sounds a bit cryptic. There should be a section in the tech manual and maybe a tutorial video in the PMRSI web site- assuming you have access.

edit- FYI, I checked PMRSI and you need Toolset v 7.0 (can be downloaded from the site) and there is a basic setup that you can download to then edit for the units you want, tire circumference, etc. And there are a couple of videos on Toolset and Set-Ups.
Outstanding, I was so hoping this would be a DYI with little effort.,:-) The video tutorials are a big help too. I successfully modified the tables, saved as a new file and downloaded. All the information displayed for this Yankee appears correct now.
Thanks for sharing this information, back to the bench!

Last edited by Schnell 911; 06-09-2024 at 10:54 PM.

Quick Reply: ICD Graphics