Sponsored by: Silver Rocket

How to change 718 Clubsport oil

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2023, 07:05 PM
porschespeed
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to change 718 Clubsport oil

I had a 981CS and now have a 718CS. How the heck to you know what the oil level is on the car. I see on the screen where it says oil level is 100%. Do you have to have Cosworth system to change the oil and get an oil level reading or is there a way to do it with the system on the car.

981 was just drain, fill with 8 liters, check and likely add a little, check, etc.

Appreciate any guidance you could provide!
Old 09-20-2023, 10:52 PM
s996
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Essentially the same as the 981 you just need to know the exact volume of oil that you want to put back in.

Look up the total volume of oil required after you change oil and filter . Make sure the oil temperature is between 180 and 200.

After draining and changing filter, purposely refill about a a quart less than total volume. Hopefully the temperature should still be close to 180. Let it idle and warm up and cycle reset the volume percentage .It will give you an idea of what percentage you are at present but you should understand that you will be a little low and the key is to add oil at about a quarter of a quart at a time. As there there is no real way to remove overfill except at the drain plug.

I have learned not to replace the bottom covers on until it’s in the safe range.

good luck