Sponsored by: Silver Rocket

981 Clubsport air jack and powerbox installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2021 | 02:03 PM
jbaker136
Rennlist Member

Default 981 Clubsport air jack and powerbox installation

Hi Folks,
I purchased the Manthey Racing air jack kit and Powerbox kit from PMNA for our 981 Clubsport. I am hoping someone can provide me with the installation manual for these items. I searched both the Manthey and PMNA sites for the installation guides without any luck. I have emails out to both but they are slow to respond lately. Thanks.

Jeff
Old 04-05-2021 | 06:59 PM
tjsmaryland
Rennlist Member

Default Air Jacks

The attached Manthey manual contains installation torques for the air jack system in the 718 CS. The torques should be the same for your 981 CS.

The power box plugs into a pig tail on the passenger side of the center console near the fire wall. I attached the box with velcro to the top of the foot rest panel on the passenger side.

Attached Images
Old 04-06-2021 | 10:57 AM
jbaker136
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tjsmaryland
The attached Manthey manual contains installation torques for the air jack system in the 718 CS. The torques should be the same for your 981 CS.

The power box plugs into a pig tail on the passenger side of the center console near the fire wall. I attached the box with velcro to the top of the foot rest panel on the passenger side.
Thanks for the document. I found the 718 MR conversion manual that includes installing air jacks on the 718 but did not have this doc and it has some info that will be helpful. The 718 installation guide I found shows all the air line holes pre-drilled from Manthey. My 981 Clubsport does not have the main air nozzle hole, rear air jack outer holes drilled or the front jack frunk to bulkhead one drilled so I am hoping the 981 installation manual will provide measurements so I don't have to drill and pray with my best guess for location. Worst case I can mock up some template. I will give PMNA and Manthey another day or two to sort this out.

Jeff

Quick Reply: 981 Clubsport air jack and powerbox installation