Sponsored by: Silver Rocket

Ctek Charging cable?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 05:01 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 227 Posts
Default Ctek Charging cable?

Can you guys check me here....but...this isn't a ctek cable right? This looks like the battery jump cable to me. Just came in the mail finally from Porsche Motorsport after a few weeks order time from Germany.....and this thing was not cheap.
Old 12-04-2020, 05:01 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Opposite end is standard ring terminals, can't see it in this photo.
Old 12-04-2020, 05:17 PM
blomman
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Name:  photo209.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  360.9 KBName:  photo73.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  404.7 KB
Old 12-04-2020, 05:38 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Yup those were the pictures I went off when I got in contact with Manthey and Porsche to order it. Sigh, they sent the wrong cable.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:48 PM
s996
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Those go directly to the battery and then the male end needs to be soldered to your Ctek plug. You’re not showing the other red snap connector that your Ctek connector will solder to. It is the male version that plugs into or snaps into that red female plug.

The battery cable traverses the footwell of the passenger side to the mid door base.

There is a little square raised metal piece under the rollbar on the passenger side that those two little screws screw into to hold that in place and that wire is just long enough to reach from your battery to that area. You then plug your battery charger into that plug after fixing the end of the opposite red plug to your wires on your ctek.

just just installed it on my club sport

Last edited by s996; 12-04-2020 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:40 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by s996
Those go directly to the battery and then the male end needs to be soldered to your Ctek plug. You’re not showing the other red snap connector that your Ctek connector will solder to. It is the male version that plugs into or snaps into that red female plug.

The battery cable traverses the footwell of the passenger side to the mid door base.

There is a little square raised metal piece under the rollbar on the passenger side that those two little screws screw into to hold that in place and that wire is just long enough to reach from your battery to that area. You then plug your battery charger into that plug after fixing the end of the opposite red plug to your wires on your ctek.

just just installed it on my club sport
So this is the only cable they sent me, and the opposite end is Ring Terminal +/-. Either they sent me the wrong cable or they didn't ship everything....which I really hope so for the 500 bucks this damn cable cost.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:08 PM
s996
Rennlist Member

At the end of the red connector did you not have a separate piece that has pins in it that you can place wires onto snaps into those large red plug?
below are pictures of my club sport with the charger plug and this connected to my CTek charger. Sorry for the size I don’t know how to make them smaller.

Not to confuse: the two large red plugs came with the Porsche Motorsports cable and large plugs snapped together. I had to take my Ctek charger cord and secure it to the pins inside this red male plug.

This is the disconnected end of the CTek charger that hooks directly to the battery cable you purchased this red plug is on the end of the CTeK cable

Here is the other half of that battery cable plug the male end mounted to the CTek cable

Here they are when it’s charging snapped together

Last edited by s996; 12-04-2020 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:38 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Nope no separate piece. When you look at the Manthey image above, its the Jumper cable. So I'm missing the male connector piece that would be terminated onto the ctek end of the cable. The cable from what I can tell is strictly the piece that hooks to the battery.
I swear I'm completely unimpressed with PMNA, no one answers the phone, returns voice or promptly returns emails there.

At the end of the red connector did you not have a separate piece that has pins in it that you can place wires onto snaps into those large red plug?
below are pictures of my club sport with the charger plug and this connected to my CTek charger. Sorry for the size I don’t know how to make them smaller.

Not to confuse: the two large red plugs came with the Porsche Motorsports cable and large plugs snapped together. I had to take my Ctek charger cord and secure it to the pins inside this red male plug.

This is the disconnected end of the CTek charger that hooks directly to the battery cable you purchased this red plug is on the end of the CTeK cable

Here is the other half of that battery cable plug the male end mounted to the CTek cable

Here they are when it’s charging snapped together
Old 12-04-2020, 10:53 PM
s996
Rennlist Member

On the manthey site it looks like that CTek adapter cable with the large black plug might be the right one I don’t know if it’s as large as this red one though.
This all came together in a box from the factory with all kinds of expensive unlabeled goodies. You have the have a lot of luck and a few friends at the track that will let you look over their cars to make this work as I agree, they give very little individual help from Porsche or manthey.

Good luck. If you need any more pics let me know.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:58 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

On the manthey site it looks like that CTek adapter cable with the large black plug might be the right one I don’t know if it’s as large as this red one though.
This all came together in a box from the factory with all kinds of expensive unlabeled goodies. You have the have a lot of luck and a few friends at the track that will let you look over their cars to make this work as I agree, they give very little individual help from Porsche or manthey.

Good luck. If you need any more pics let me know.
Thanks. Appreciate photos, they helped a lot as it confirmed what I thought. Ya I've got good access to folks with a lot experience with the 981cs.
Old 06-20-2024, 03:07 PM
mipcar
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by blomman
Is there a part number and dealer for the small adapter cable shown in the top right photo? My battery is already wired and I have a ctek unit.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Ctek Charging cable?