Notices
GT4 Clubsport 718 & 981 GT4 Clubsport Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket

HELP quickly please...Daytona tomorrow! 981 Clubsport...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 10:08 PM
zracer196
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 70 Posts
Default HELP quickly please...Daytona tomorrow! 981 Clubsport...

So as the title reads I have a DE starting tomorrow and through the weekend at Daytona.

i’ve been there many many times on motorcycles and various cars but this is the first time in my clubsport as it’s new to me.

I downloaded the technical manual and one of the bulletin states that when add an oval track like Daytona PSM needs to be turned off.

as you can see in the photos I’ve got two switches. ESC only off or ESC plus TC off.

I would love to run with TC if possible. Hell all of it would be great but I’m sure there is some reason you cannot due to the banking.

Thoughts?? Thanks in advance.

Old 10-30-2020, 12:04 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Daytona is not hard to run with TC off.

Sounds like you know the track.

I ran it on my 2016 for the first session and then turned it off in the infield and then built up to turning it off on the entire track.

I dont recall having issues running it at daytona but the bulletin came out after that event.
Old 10-30-2020, 05:58 AM
zracer196
Racer

Originally Posted by stujelly
Daytona is not hard to run with TC off.

Sounds like you know the track.

I ran it on my 2016 for the first session and then turned it off in the infield and then built up to turning it off on the entire track.

I dont recall having issues running it at daytona but the bulletin came out after that event.
Thanks for the reply. Both switches off?? Will I still have ABS?

Old 10-30-2020, 08:57 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 67 Posts

The banking gives the ESC/TC accelerometer a weird signal. It see's steering angle and G forces that don't match its normal calibrations and sometimes will then throw an error code and shut down. It's more common on street cars but could still be an issue with the motorsport calibration on the CS. We had a little problem with the 981's when they first came out that was improved upon with an updated flash for the ESC/TC. If the manual suggests turning it off ,then I would turn it off. Just be a little more aware of sections like the kink and bustop with the ESC/TC off. The car doesn't have the power to really cause a problem in the slow stuff IMO. The ABS will work fine with ESC/TC off. If for some reason the car does have a ESC/TC fault it might be rectified by cycling the main power switch so if you forget to turn it off or simply want to try with the assists on it shouldn't really hurt anything.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:18 AM
Mike Roblin
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 308 Posts

^this. I can confirm that the street cars definitely suffer from this problem on the banking. In my 996 Turbo if I didn’t deactivate PSM the car would throw an error code and shut down PSM and ABS because it couldn’t correlate the data it was seeing. Turning off PSM allowed me to keep ABS which was much better when coming off the banking into turn 1.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:50 PM
zracer196
Racer

Originally Posted by coryf
The banking gives the ESC/TC accelerometer a weird signal. It see's steering angle and G forces that don't match its normal calibrations and sometimes will then throw an error code and shut down. It's more common on street cars but could still be an issue with the motorsport calibration on the CS. We had a little problem with the 981's when they first came out that was improved upon with an updated flash for the ESC/TC. If the manual suggests turning it off ,then I would turn it off. Just be a little more aware of sections like the kink and bustop with the ESC/TC off. The car doesn't have the power to really cause a problem in the slow stuff IMO. The ABS will work fine with ESC/TC off. If for some reason the car does have a ESC/TC fault it might be rectified by cycling the main power switch so if you forget to turn it off or simply want to try with the assists on it shouldn't really hurt anything.
Thanks all. I tried it with it on...No issues today. Maybe I have the reflash. But all good!

Quick Reply: HELP quickly please...Daytona tomorrow! 981 Clubsport...