How'd they miss this one from Black Dynamite 2009 lolz
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle.php?id=301677
1978 Porsche 911 SC Targa
Attached Images  
Old 04-24-2017, 10:30 PM
Einmalig
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 58 Posts

One correction, the 1994 964 3.6 Turbo used in Bad Boys was never owned by Michael Bay. It was rented by the studio for the duration of filming from a Miami area Porsche Dealership. It was not supposed to be used as a stunt car or damaged, but ultimately did need to be repainted due to the paint being sandblasted by a hovering helicopter used to film the final scene. The studio's insurance covered the damage and the car was later retailed by the Dealership. I know this because I was responsible for the Dealership's inventory at the time. Michael Bay did however use his own Ferrari 575 in the filming of Bad Boys 2. It was one of 2 similar 575s provided by Ferrari North America for the filming, one of which was purchased by Michael Bay. Ironically, I know this because I arranged the Film's cars on behalf of FNA.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:42 AM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 568 Posts

Lemans!

The opening sequence says it all.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:15 AM
I am the Walrus
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Einmalig
One correction, the 1994 964 3.6 Turbo used in Bad Boys was never owned by Michael Bay. It was rented by the studio for the duration of filming from a Miami area Porsche Dealership. It was not supposed to be used as a stunt car or damaged, but ultimately did need to be repainted due to the paint being sandblasted by a hovering helicopter used to film the final scene. The studio's insurance covered the damage and the car was later retailed by the Dealership. I know this because I was responsible for the Dealership's inventory at the time. Michael Bay did however use his own Ferrari 575 in the filming of Bad Boys 2. It was one of 2 similar 575s provided by Ferrari North America for the filming, one of which was purchased by Michael Bay. Ironically, I know this because I arranged the Film's cars on behalf of FNA.
Interesting story /\
I remember reading a for sale ad for the bad boys 993 turbo, (maybe on eBay? But referenced on 6sp), and upon further review it was just the same model and colour as in the movie, not that actual vehicle lol
Old 04-30-2017, 09:29 AM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Einmalig,
The car used in the movie was in fact owned by Michael Bay...ask me how I know.

There was a duplicate car used. This has been discussed numerous times before.
Mr Bays car was used in the beauty shots. Look closely at the brake calipers and you will see
red calipers on duplicate car , as well as crest in seats.

Lots of info out there about my car, most incorrect.

Mike

Quick Reply: 9 More Movies Featuring a Porsche