Dealer Experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 09:56 AM
Cytotech
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dealer Experience

Good Morning Folks,
Looking to buy my first Porsche in the NJ NY Metro area. Looking for the best dealer.
Hopefully 718 S. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Currently in 13 Audi S4 purchased JDM upper Saddle River NJ.
Thank you.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:12 AM
Paul007
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Paul Miller Porsche in Parsippany NJ is a solid dealer. New building, lots of space, very friendly staff.

Another option is Jack Daniels Porsche in Bergan county NJ. Not done business there, but they have a nice showroom, often with many Porsche exclusive builds.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:42 AM
Feld
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 61 Posts

I second Paul Miller, looked there recently and were very professional.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:53 PM
Carsly
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I can NOT recommend Paul Miller - at least for service. High prices, and the last time I took in my 996 Turbo it came back with a plethora of scratches that took me 8 hours to carefully buff out - not all are gone unfortunately. it's as it they didn't use water with the car wash. At least never have them wash you car, have never had problems with the free car wash with service at a half dozen other non-Porsche dealers in the NY/NJ area.

As for Jack Daniels, have never used them but search is your friend. Too many stories for me to take the chance on them.

I purchased my car used from New Country in CT a few years ago who couldn't have been better to work with. Had them include some servicing - 30k, front brakes, rear tires - and all was as planned. They even called me during the 60 day warranty period to make sure that all was running as it should and if anything at all caught my attention to bring it back and they would set it right. My friend who came with me to pick up my car (2nd set of trained eyes) was impressed enough to lease a new 991 with the same salesman a few years later - his experience with the sale and post-sales service (he lives in CT) were both excellent.

Good luck!
Old 03-12-2017, 02:39 PM
Cytotech
AutoX

Thanks to all who replied. I have visited Paul Miller and they had a good selection. I have also visited Town Porsche of Englewood NJ, not far from me. I could not get a "read" about this dealer except they are smaller than most.
I have searched about JD Porsche read mixed messages. I have purchased @ JD Audi right next store. Service has been OK. The price could have been a little better but at least they kissed me first.
I am willing to travel i.e. Ray Catena , heard Porsche of the Main line was good as was Porsche of Warrington.
Any experiences within past year would be great as the churn of sales people seems high. A dealer that was good 3 years ago may be poor today. I do understand that the wiggle room is 3-5% MSRP.
Once again any help is appreciated as I hope to contribute as owner in the near future.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:46 PM
Paul007
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry about your Paul Miller experience, that sucks. I never let a dealer wash my car, especially through the "cheese grater".

I have no affiliation with Paul Miller. Did not purchase my car from them (found a great deal out of state), and so far just had 1 service there.

Dealer ratings look excellent
http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Pa...-review-15673/
Old 03-12-2017, 09:51 PM
Cytotech
AutoX

I have 13 Audi S4 JDM Service has been OK , felt the price could have been a little better but they had the options I wanted. Checked out Town Motors in Englewood NJ but couldn't get a "vibe" about them. Willing to check out Ray Catena or Porsche of the Main Line. Even Porsche of Warrington. Any info would be a big help.

Quick Reply: Dealer Experience