Notices

Mustang Clutch Pedal Extender on my 981

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 11:56 AM
Kaduku
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Mustang Clutch Pedal Extender on my 981

I could not find anyone that had tried this with a Mustang pedal extension, and I was not keen about making one out of a block of wood or getting one of those metal extensions that looks like a part of the Terminator's exposed arm. Like alot of folks here that is short, I hate tippy toeing while waiting at an intersection. So I ordered the Mustang pedal extension and figured I could modify it to fit.

Well, the only thing I had to do was stick some soft rubbery foam at the bottom to reduce a slight up and down play. The pedal cover slips right over (almost perfect).

You do have to drive a few miles to get used to the renewed feel but I am soooo happy with it.

My only advise during installation is to slip the pedal cover on and off the extension a few times before doing the final install. This will stretch the rubber making it easier to slip the pedal cover on later. Start from the bottom with the metal clip then work it towards the top. It will slip over the top, not all the way but enough to keep it in place. I'll trim it later with a Dremel tool for a more perfect fit.

Happy camper!
The following 2 users liked this post by Kaduku:
alwaysdriving (08-19-2021), syosh (11-29-2020)
Old 04-25-2019, 06:24 PM
babadudu
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad i found your post for the mustang clutch extension, been looking for this solution for a Porsche but no luck. I guess 99.9% of the Porsche driver have perfectly built body.

Was looking into machining a piece of rubber to do this.

just wondering if you have any long term review for this ?
Old 04-25-2019, 08:16 PM
Kaduku
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by babadudu
Glad i found your post for the mustang clutch extension, been looking for this solution for a Porsche but no luck. I guess 99.9% of the Porsche driver have perfectly built body.

Was looking into machining a piece of rubber to do this.

just wondering if you have any long term review for this ?
Glad to help!

Quick Reply: Mustang Clutch Pedal Extender on my 981