Notices

Buyers Remorse 911.2

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 01:38 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 655 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by BertoneBertoni
I just love how different everyone's specifications are ! That's the joy of almost infinite option permutations...

I personally would have gone for graphite myself if I hadn't gone for a PTS. I've seen your colour with the graphite-crayon 'tex' interior with 'brightwork' on the exterior (ie. silver-finish wheels, window trims and quad pipes) and it really works beautifully. You do have to live with a graphite dashboard etc. which might be a bit strong for some, however. There's a real nautical feeling about the cabin which, I guess, would go very well in a sunny environment: California, for example

I think it's important, whatever you do, to maintain a consistency and logic in picking the right cosmetic options.... and you've done it brilliantly with your black-over-graphite theme. You've kind of taken the graphite-crayon version above and switched it to 'black'. Optioning those rear black lenses is inspired ! I also like the illuminated kick-plates: it's purely extravagant but a great 'welcome' at night....

One last thing. I noticed you went for the PDK. The 'Gen 2 Manual Club' must have only a few members, I fear.... My colleagues who have M4s, an RS4 and a 991.1 all have dual-clutchers, but they are all 10-15 years younger than me. There must be a moral in there somewhere
Thanks for the kind words, I wanted a MT but to be honest living in Southern California I have to have PDK. Traffic is beyond horrendous every day of the week. My original build was with the graphite/chalk interior, but wear concerns and as you said, living with the blue dash, nautical look interior was just a bit much for me. I guess you can say I went to the dark side.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:50 PM
BertoneBertoni
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JustBud
Thanks for the kind words, I wanted a MT but to be honest living in Southern California I have to have PDK. Traffic is beyond horrendous every day of the week. My original build was with the graphite/chalk interior, but wear concerns and as you said, living with the blue dash, nautical look interior was just a bit much for me. I guess you can say I went to the dark side.
I don't blame you for the PDK if you're commuting....It seems traffic in pretty much all urban conurbations worldwide are snarled-up these days. Mine is very much a 'High Day & Holiday' car, so going down with 'clutch-foot' is less of a likelihood

Quick Reply: Buyers Remorse 911.2