Notices

Southwest Road Trip - Tips & Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 10:49 AM
873/1960
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mish1785
Thanks much, 873/1960. We've owned the car for a couple of years now and have been planning this trip since. You sound like you're on a life-changing road trip! I'll check out Butler Motorcycle Maps. You learn something new everyday on this site. Thanks again and safe travels on your journey.
No problem! Enjoy your trip, which given your planned route and car shouldn't be too hard. Careful though, I found these trips to be quite addictive. I did a 5 week road-trip through the West last year, and realized there were few things I enjoyed more than a Porsche on a good winding road, so I decided to make some big life changes so I could spend much more time doing just that. :P
Old 09-27-2016, 04:19 PM
MuffinMan
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is too late for your road trip, but DJI just announced a new drone today. The Mavic Pro is a small, foldable drone with similar capabilities to the Phantom 4. Time will tell how well it performs, but signs look very positive. It ships October 15, and is $999 (or a bundle with extra batteries & bag for $1299).

http://amzn.to/2dxfpV5
Old 09-29-2016, 10:29 AM
Mish1785
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks MuffinMan! I didn't end up buying the drone. This new Mavic Pro looks like the exact thing I've been looking for! Thanks for the heads up. I'll reach out to you if I have any other drone or tech questions.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:56 PM
Kevin Rohrer
Rennlist Member

Received 760 Likes on 496 Posts

We went the the SW last Spring and the NW US in the Fall and had a great time.

1. Since you are going to the Grand Canyon, also stop and see the Meteor Crater.
2. If you are going to 4-Corners, also see Monument Valley (which is way better).
3. If you are staying in Sante Fe, they have an upscale shopping area.
4. Keep a list of Porsche dealerships handy in case you end up with a flat tire.
5. Pack a gun.
6. Update your GPS.

Quick Reply: Southwest Road Trip - Tips & Recommendations