Notices

Help with a 2008 cayenne s

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 06:00 PM
Rdzlc
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with a 2008 cayenne s

hey guys I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone had some ideas what I should do with a car of mine. I am very mechanically inclined, but spend the majority of my time working on older motors. I drive a older ford diesel pickup, and I am pretty stumped when it comes to the complex stuff Porsche does with their motors and vehicles in general. My mom drove a cayenne s for 8 years, but 200k Miles on it and one days the check engine light popped on and she took it to the dealer and they said she needed a new motor. They wanted over $20,000 to do the swap or they would give us $4,000 for a trade in. The car is in great shape, interior and exterior are great. We decided that we were better off holding on to it. I'm not really sure what to do I drive t all the time and it seems fine. The report they gave me said codes p1378 calve lift control, cylinder 8 p0308 misfiring, cyclone 8 above upper limit, they said they removed spark plug in #8 and found cylinder wall damage. Said needs a new engine. Also I noticed it was low about two quarts of oil before we brought it there. I'm thinking about pulling the motor and having it bored and sleeved, but I know that won't be cheap. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks

Quick Reply: Help with a 2008 cayenne s