Notices

New member - 2001 996 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 11:15 PM
djmacabre
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member - 2001 996 Turbo

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the community! I purchased a 2001 996 Turbo on Bring a Trailer almost 2 months ago and have been getting familiar with the car - and Rennlist ever since. Not disappointed on either front!

The car is stock, but continues to surprise me every time I drive it - it feels more like an event than a form of transportation whenever I start it up. It ticked 80k miles on the drive back from the purchase, so it's been driven and enjoyed - but also very well taken care of. I intend to keep it that way.

Looking forward to learning more about the car, and it appears I'm in the right place for that. I got the Porsche bug when I rode in the Ruf CTR Yellowbird about 10 years ago, then in a 997 GT3 press car shortly thereafter. Needless to say, I had to have a 911 after that. It took almost 10 years to have the means, but I finally got here. It's a special thing to drive.

Glad to join you all...
Old 06-12-2016, 01:39 AM
Indiana Jones
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

Welcome...from a long time lurker here. I am debating a 996TT or 997.1TT now myself...as I have been for some time. Enjoy your new car...where are the photos!?
Old 09-15-2016, 03:36 AM
Therapy996t
Advanced

Congratulations DJ! How are you enjoying your purchase, several months later? I literally just bought a 2001 911 Turbo about two weeks ago, sight unseen from a Porsche Dealership in Washington DC. They are installing a new clutch and then putting it on a truck home to me and my wife in North Dakota. It's a little concerning, but considering who I bought it from, I'm hopeful it won't just grenade on delivery, haha. Mine has a tick more miles than yours, but it's been one owner car and records show it's been maintained at the dealership I bought it from its entire "life."

So, how has 3 months of ownership treated you? Do you plan on winter driving it?

Cheers,
Old 09-15-2016, 03:58 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

pics or it never happened
Old 09-15-2016, 04:30 AM
Therapy996t
Advanced

The only pics I have are sort of unflattering from the dealer that he took of some imperfections [rock chip here, scratch there etc...]; But the pic of its *** looks pretty good. I'll post something with me in it when the car arrives

Old 09-15-2016, 01:28 PM
djmacabre
AutoX

Originally Posted by Therapy996t
Congratulations DJ! How are you enjoying your purchase, several months later? I literally just bought a 2001 911 Turbo about two weeks ago, sight unseen from a Porsche Dealership in Washington DC. They are installing a new clutch and then putting it on a truck home to me and my wife in North Dakota. It's a little concerning, but considering who I bought it from, I'm hopeful it won't just grenade on delivery, haha. Mine has a tick more miles than yours, but it's been one owner car and records show it's been maintained at the dealership I bought it from its entire "life."

So, how has 3 months of ownership treated you? Do you plan on winter driving it?

Cheers,
Just over 4 months in now, and no complaints! Granted, I've only put about 1200 miles on it and still drive it mostly on the weekends. I also bought mine sight-unseen (well, other than seeing pictures of it) so I totally get the concern. But if yours has been as well maintained as mine, and it sounds like it has, you should be good to go. I'm the 5th owner of my 996 but it doesn't in any way look or drive like a 16 year old car.

I do plan on driving it in the winter, but I live in Southern California, so that means 60-70 degrees and possibly a couple rain showers. I don't think I would personally drive it in the snow, but I have no doubt it would do great with the right tires. Front clearance is probably the only issue I have to deal with on the car - taking driveways at *just* the right angle, and being ever-vigilant in general of slopes, speed bumps, etc.

Report back once you've taken delivery!

Quick Reply: New member - 2001 996 Turbo