Notices

Severe Hail Damage

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 06:58 PM
CarreraCowboy
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Severe Hail Damage

I live near Del Rio, Texas (about 150 miles west of San Antonio on the border) and we had a monster hail storm come through last night. Unfortunately my 996 was parked outside and now has extensive damage. The major things are hundreds of dents in the body and a nearly shattered windshield.

There are no businesses in Del Rio qualified to do the work that now needs to be done, so I was wondering if there as anybody in the San Antonio area that had a good repair shop they could recommend? Or if its even possible to do any paint-less dent removal on so many dents.

Any suggestions/help would sure be appreciated.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:06 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by CarreraCowboy
I live near Del Rio, Texas (about 150 miles west of San Antonio on the border) and we had a monster hail storm come through last night. Unfortunately my 996 was parked outside and now has extensive damage. The major things are hundreds of dents in the body and a nearly shattered windshield.

There are no businesses in Del Rio qualified to do the work that now needs to be done, so I was wondering if there as anybody in the San Antonio area that had a good repair shop they could recommend? Or if its even possible to do any paint-less dent removal on so many dents.

Any suggestions/help would sure be appreciated.
Have you tried leaving the car in bright sun as some of the dimples will pop. The two paint shops in San Antonio I would recommend would be Jack's Paint Place in Converse (out by Randolph AFB) or Pro Care which is now a Porsche authorized repair facility. See their ad on the Longhorn PCA website www.longhornpca.org
Old 02-27-2016, 09:24 AM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Sorry to hear. Same thing happened to me up here in DFW, after only 2 weeks of ownership. Find a Porsche certified dealership

https://www.porschecollisioncenter.com

and let them and your insurance company take care of it. I did and my 997.2S came back looking better than before...T
Old 03-15-2016, 06:34 PM
sirwilliamaye
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Have you tried leaving the car in bright sun as some of the dimples will pop. The two paint shops in San Antonio I would recommend would be Jack's Paint Place in Converse (out by Randolph AFB) or Pro Care which is now a Porsche authorized repair facility. See their ad on the Longhorn PCA website www.longhornpca.org
I second pro care. Have had many things painted by them and all turned out wonderful. Would avoid Associated Collision if possible.

Quick Reply: Severe Hail Damage