Notices

Need some help, please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015 | 06:08 PM
2doubledS
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help, please.

Hey guys. First off, I apologize. I'm new, I don't even own a Porsche and I'm in need of assistance. We lost my brother to cancer earlier this year. He was a gold certified Porsche tech turned shop foreman, and just an all around great dude who's going to be missed terribly. I ended up coming home with a trunk full of parts the guys at the shop didn't take, and I have no idea what they're worth (if anything). I could really use some help figuring out what to do with this stuff:

a used 993 belly pan in pretty good shape

a pair of used 930 front calipers - no idea of condition - that are up on ebay right now with a high bid of $476 (I'm actually thinking of canceling the auction as I think I goofed and started these too low)

a "lightly used" 996t clutch and dual mass fly wheel...are they worth anything? these are also up on ebay but I'm getting nothing

997 GT3 and GT3 RS center mufflers...probably take-off's...sell (for how much?) or (gasp!) recycle? I was told "the RS is titanium." Are there cats in there or something? Surely the whole thing can't be titanium??

And the piece de resistance: a complete exhaust system for the 991 turbo. What in the world do I do with this????

I also have a 981 exhaust tip and a set of Carrera 4S center caps that are like new, and a used set of 997 black center locking hubs. All of which is also up on ebay without much interest (sorry, I listed before I knew of rennlist or I would have offered everything I have here first).

Just trying to do the best I can for my bro's family. Thanks in advance for any help guys!

In case anyone is interested, I'm an (old school) Audi guy. Not that I have any mechanical abilities, my brother got all of that dna, but I mean that I drive a couple of old quattros (95 S6's, if it matters). And, if it garners me any extra points, my dream car is a 95 RS2. Five more years and I'll begin the search for one to import.

Thanks again,
John
Old 05-16-2015 | 09:38 PM
Rick GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

you got mail...
Old 05-17-2015 | 12:11 AM
RedRSA
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your brother; good luck helping the family.

I may be interested in the GT3 center, if it is from a 997.2 GT3 (2010-2011 3.8 liter).

Quick Reply: Need some help, please.