Notices

Good to be back

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Jbarnes RS
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Good to be back

4.5 years ago economy and Divorce left me almost Porsche Less. (Liquidated 10 cars in 2 Months)

EX de activated my E Mail and I even had to start over on Rennlist...I have not been on the site in 4 years.

my old Rennlist User name was RS 197 the change is warranted since I sold that car years ago as well as everything else except my 993 Cup car.

We'll I am back. Both to work as well as collecting. I doubt I will ever own as many cars as I used to but I will never say never.

My good buddy Jeff Smith talked me into a 2010 RS. I love the car. It is the Pinnacle of the breed for me. I forgot how much fun ripping the back roads were. It's a part of my life I realized I could not live without. The smile and the stress relief is second to none.

Looking forward to getting back in the game.

Next on the list is a 964.... Any leads appreciated.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:29 AM
allencab
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to see another enthusiast in the same boat as me. It's taking me a long time to recover but I'm getting the itch again. I drove a forever modified 951 for 17 years. Had a brief love affair with a gorgeous 968 cab. Fell in love with a '96 C4 in Polar Silver - I think it was the aero kit I found futile to resist. Next I lusted after a '95 Riveria Blue C2. Did some DE oriented work on this beauty before the magic of modern medicine plus a gorgeous woman changed my direction again. Now that the product of this equation is out of Montessori school and the college tuition for my oldest two sons seems to be under control I find myself looking at cars again.

I have been blessed and have owned at least one Porsche since I was 18. What's left presently is a track only car with some build quality issues. It does have a '97 993 twin turbo motor and a G50-20 that I could transplant into a donor chassis. I found a relatively intact 997 sans motor and trans. Hmmm. Would this work?
Old 09-13-2014, 11:33 AM
allencab
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry - I never answered your 964 question. A dear friend of mine has a RS America that is a first quality DE car with countless high quality mods. He's always talking about a GT3 but is having a hard tine saying good-bye to his faithful companion. Would a RSA be of interest?

Quick Reply: Good to be back