Notices

Anything to see at PCNA headquarters?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003 | 05:02 PM
02 Blue C2
Advanced

Default Anything to see at PCNA headquarters?

I will be attending Porshce Driving Experience in AL next month and plan to drive there. I am trying to decide what my route will be and I see on the map that Atlanta is a couple of hours east of the driving school. Has anyone stopped in at the Porshce Headquaters? Is there anything open to the public that would be worth stopping off there to see?

Headed from MD to AL and back per chance anyone has comments on best roads to take or points of interest worth seeing along the way.

Thanks for any input you might have,

Gary

Myersville, MD
18" Turbo Look Wheels (removed)
18" Carrera Wheels (installed)
Pirelli PZero N4
PSE (no switch)
Twin Exhaust Tips
ROW M030 (purchased pending installation)
Old 07-27-2003 | 11:15 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

I have family that works in the same building and there's not much to see. It looks like one of many office buildings you see everywhere.

The only point of interest would be that they show a different car on a concrete circle in the main turn around out front. There's nothing upstairs that's open to the public.

On your way down, if you cut through over to I-85, you can drive a few miles to Road Atlanta and see if there's anything going on. Then continue down I-85 to I-526. You'll be passing right by PCNA, as it's right off 526 near Perimeter mall on Ashford-Dunwoody Rd ( At about the 12 0'clock position on 526, just before I-400).

Barber MotorSports will have a lot more to see, as well as the museum at Talladega Speedway.

Last edited by A930Rocket; 07-28-2003 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-28-2003 | 08:13 AM
02 Blue C2
Advanced

A930ROCKET,
Thanks for the feedback. Road Atlanta sounds like a good idea, perhaps if there is nothing going on when I cruise by they will let me take my C2 for a spin around the track ..

Gary
Old 07-29-2003 | 10:43 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Gary, you might consider taking the "western route" on one of your legs - I66 to I81 & down to Kville, onto Ch'nooga, then to B'ham... &/or cut through the Smokies on I-40. Better yet, drive into the Smokies AFTER PDE -fanatstic roads!
Old 07-30-2003 | 12:17 AM
DaveH
Advanced

Gary - Road Atlanta is a great track unless there's nothing going on - and then I'd say you'd be wasting your time heading out there. I've driven the track with the Panoz Racing School and it's great, but I'm pretty sure there's not a chance they'd let you drive the track in your own car. I took my previous C2 there and they were pretty clear that walk-ons weren't allowed. Their URL is www.roadatlanta.com. There's an SCCA event at the end of August which is always a treat - lots of action. You should check it out if you're there at the end of the month. Good luck with the Porsche driving school - let us know how it goes.

Quick Reply: Anything to see at PCNA headquarters?