Notices

Garage Condos

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Spyder34
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Garage Condos

Is anyone familiar with the AutoMotorPlex garages just outside Minneapolis or Iron Gate Motor Condos in Naperville? I have no affiliation with either of them...just considering the possibility-- not so much as an investment but more for the motorsport enthusiast community. Has anyone bought into one of these or similar garage resorts?

http://automotorplex.com/
http://www.irongatemotorcondos.com/
Old 02-09-2014, 11:19 PM
mstolo
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Haven't seen these, but wish I could share a garage with some folks in the Atlanta area. More cars than garage space right now.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:06 PM
dutch86
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're building a complex here in KC as well. They're not finished with it yet, but it certainly does sound interesting. I think the spaces start at around 40k or so?
Old 02-19-2014, 09:52 AM
The NSX dude
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mstolo
More cars than garage space right now.
Join the club, I wonder how much these are. Think about, storage spots are $200 or so a month anyways. Seems like it would pay for itself and be the ultimate man cave, freeing up alot of space in my house.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:06 AM
Spyder34
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The space in the Naperville, IL (just outside Chicago) complex is going for $108 a square foot including the loft-- how much is KC selling for? They provide a basic "shell" in about 6 different sizes (smallest being 20x40) for the $108 price and then you can build it out however you want. The problem is that if you wind up moving, you'd have to sell the garage in addition to your home. Wondering if anyone from the Minneapolis area (where the earlier one was located) has seen prices steadily move up over the 5 years of build-out rather than dropping.

Quick Reply: Garage Condos