Notices

New Buyer Questions 911 C4S - Would love some feedback

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013 | 11:17 PM
Explorer7
Instructor

Soo.. now that I paid for the car, I get a notification from my sales person this morning (instead of the promised call an email) that they could not change the color and I have to take the white car.
The documents I signed off on was the Agate grey configuration.. I would not have paid in full if they could not guarantee the color change. Only thing they had mention that it might delay the order.. fine.. if you consider how long you have your car.. no problem.. Even though it was still in the 10 days since I send them 5k as a deposit to secure the allocation. (I was told that I have 10 days to make any changes once the allocation/car was ordered (deposit was made)

I will be interested to see how this plays out. Can they force white on me ?

Does anybody have any advise for me?

I wrote them that if I had to create a brand new order and wait even longer, that would be fine. At least I would get the configuration I wanted.. Total price of this car is 186k with all extras and plans they sold me.. you would think they can accommodate and keep their word?

(This morning my sales guy said, that either my order would remain white as originally configured at time of deposit or they would have to create a brand new order)
Old 09-17-2013 | 03:55 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Explorer,
As others have mentioned you will get more responses on the 991 forum. I rarely come on to this particular section of the forum as it is not frequently visited by others. Congrats on your car, regardless of what you end up with. The white is stunning and looks beautiful they way you have it configured. I would reach out to the GM of the dealership and tell them that you had a chance of heart on the color and see if they can work with the factory. It's not everyday that someone drops $170K on a car. Good luck
Caesar
Old 09-17-2013 | 09:57 PM
Explorer7
Instructor

Thank you.. I will start a new post in another section..
Well, according to the sales persons.. it is no big deal that someone pays cash for their cars since it is Burlingame. (I had mentioned that they should be happy with a customer like me)
Rector Motor company really does not care. I was still within my 10 days and I am forced to take the original configuration.. even though they printed me a proof of my new configuration before I paid..
Which they just reversed on Monday.
They also now say that they don't have any new allocations and that they might get one in December and I would most likely have to wait until February to get my car
6 months!!! They want me to wait 6 months for my fully paid for car..
I feel so cheated. .and when forced into the color.. how am I supposed to enjoy it?
Old 09-18-2013 | 10:43 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

I would honestly cancel the transaction and work with a different dealer. There are others that will gladly take your money and may have something on the lot that may meet 95% of your expectations and you can enjoy it now.
Go to the Porsche website and search the entire country for a car that you love and have it shipped to you or better yet fly in and drive it home. Great way to see the country and learn about your new car.

Quick Reply: New Buyer Questions 911 C4S - Would love some feedback