Notices

How much attention do you boxster 986 owners get from the ladies?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 04:04 AM
MatthewEdward
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much attention do you boxster 986 owners get from the ladies?

im having such a hard time decinding on a 2005 bmw z4 3.0 and a 2002 boxster base, or 99 boxster base supercharged(rebuilt title)

i honestly like both, and now the only factor left is the sex appeal of these cars.

what kind of attention do you guys get with these machines?

btw, around what mileage do these need the major tuneup?
and what mpg are you getting driving it easy?
Old 06-21-2013, 08:04 PM
CVDH
Racer

If the deciding factor for your upcoming car purchase is how many women you'll get, you don't belong in a Porsche. If you want tail, buy a dog and a hatchback, and grow a personality. If you want the best sports car money can buy, get a Porsche. If you still insist on buying one, let my share my experience as a 24-year-old with a Miami Vice-era aircooled 911:

-I get flipped off a lot because I obviously didn't work my *** off for this car and I clearly don't deserve it.
-People around me seem to drive more agressively, as if they have something to prove, especially young men my age. See above.
-I get pulled over often because I am apparently a drug dealer and ergo I represent probable cause on wheels.
-Girls are too busy browsing their iPhones for the latest & greatest gluten free certified fair trade free range organic whateverthe**** to notice the (rather attractive) young gentleman beside them in traffic.
-Girls who are into cars wish that I "drove something cool like a MkI or a MkII [Golf]."
-Despite the fact that nothing about my personality has changed, having a differing opinion on anything makes me an "uppity douchebag" as far as my "friends" are concerned.
-My friend's friends will gleefully tell me that since I don't own a 911 Turbo, it's "not a real Porsche," despite the fact that they are driving a clapped out, Plasti-Dipped Civic or worse.
-My co-workers not-so-secretly despise me for being "overpaid" despite the fact that they see me eating ramen. Every. Single. Day.

So, yeah. If you're buying a Porsche to pick up girls you are going to be really disappointed. That being said, I think the Boxster has more luggage capacity than the Z4; I'd go for the '02.

Last edited by CVDH; 06-21-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:03 AM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^That's a fair assessment.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:43 AM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 39 Posts

I thought the Boxter was a girls car.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Wufnu
8th Gear

Porsche for chicks? Hardly. Reminds me of a video I saw where they were driving a model A rat rod and an Aventador. Women loved the rat rod, Aventador attracted dudes.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:17 PM
TheDatanator
Instructor

I traded my '09 E92 ///M3 last month for a '14 Cayman S - the BMW was nothing but a dick magnet. In fact my wife didn't really understand why I loved that car.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:51 AM
Porschgeois Pig
Rennlist Member

CVDH,
A tip-of-the-cap to you. You nailed it! And as for the way people view you, due only to your choice of automobile, that is why I chose my screen name- just to have little fun with that dynamic.
Still, totally worth it to have a 911! The Ramen, also worth it!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:58 AM
biosurfer1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey now, I commute in a Civic and I put plasti-dip on my scratched up emblems

Actually you should try plasti-dip, it's actually great stuff and a dirt simple and cheap fix opposed to repainting/rechroming.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:52 PM
CVDH
Racer

Originally Posted by biosurfer1
Hey now, I commute in a Civic and I put plasti-dip on my scratched up emblems

Actually you should try plasti-dip, it's actually great stuff and a dirt simple and cheap fix opposed to repainting/rechroming.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...2-Build-Thread

Post #1. Scroll down for Plasti-Dip action.

Of all the cars I own, the one that attracts the most attention from the ladies is...my 1980 Datsun 510.

Quick Reply: How much attention do you boxster 986 owners get from the ladies?