Notices

crazy roommates

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 07:35 PM
PorscheFanatic202
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default crazy roommates

Anybody ever have those crazy roommates who just absolutely know that everything they do is right? Even the hypocritical things that they do that they nag you about constantly. Or maybe Porsche drivers don't have roommates.

My story is this (mainly my opportunity to vent): he nags about saving on the electric bill. During Xmas I left the LED light strand that was on the tree on one night and complained to me that it is a complete waste of electricity. Here are his habits. Takes routine 20 min showers at full steam, while running the heat lamp in there and all fans running (electric hot water heater). Then essentially turns all lights on in the house every morning and evening, has the ac running at 70deg in Texas (but wears full sweat pants and sweat shirts inside), does a load of laundry on Sunday and leaves it in the dryer all week, he then runs the dryer once in the morning for an hour and pulls one flight suit out then leaves the rest of the laundry in there (no time to remove laundry before 12 hr day). We come home and he cranks it back on, I guess in an attempt to do it, then forgets about it till the next day and this literally happens till I fold his laundry. Then there is his gaming computer that is probably always on with a super big power supply.

I use minimal lights, do my laundry once a week (and actually complete it the day I start it). I would like it to be warmer inside and my showers are short lived (also usually cold showers - I know I like weird things like that), but yep I am energy thirsty and causing a high energy bill because of my Christmas spirit. Oh yeah and those appliances are all my property.

In conclusion, some people are simply self centered that they cannot see beyond themselves and actually critique their own habits against their standards. Maybe when they realize their hypocrisy will they be able to get along with others and enjoy the times they have with each other and then not dread coming home after a 12 hour work day with an instructor pilot yelling at you in a jet and in a flight room.

Cheers.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:06 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like your standard "log in the eye" situation to me. Tell him you'll pay the extra 3 cents on the electric bill for leaving the lights on.

Quick Reply: crazy roommates