Notices

IYO, is it possible to be a 'minimalist' and own a Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 07:25 PM
TheLastTemplar
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know who can own a jet, like someone who was a pilot in the Navy Seals or something? I know rich folks can buy a jet, but would need to know how to pilot one. Damn, 3.5 million is a A LOT of money.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Wufnu
8th Gear

No, they don't need to be in the seals haha. Get your private, IFR, then commercial license then get certified on the jet and there you go. Will cost around $10k for all the lessons, I believe. Of course, if you can afford the jet to begin with, you can afford to hire someone to fly it for you.

$3.5 million IS a lot of money. I'll never own one, hah. Something I've learned over the years, there are many people that are just fabulously wealthy. There are over 1400 documented billionaires out there. Movie and rock stars are rich to us but nothing to the amazingly wealthy. They are as poor as you and me, in comparison. Still, a popular movie/tv/music/sports start could quite comfortably afford a jet. Just look at John Travolta, he owns a Boeing 707 and a Gulfstream GV. The 707 is between $40-$50 million new and the Gulfstream, depending upon the variant, is between $8 million and $40 million.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:16 AM
TheLastTemplar
Advanced

Damn, I think you and I would be poor over in Dubai, XD

I don't care, as I'll be happy to make 50K a year--WHICH I DON'T right now, lol

As long as I can afford a 996, take care of it without sweating about whether I can pay for food or rent he next month, I'll be VERY happy.

I really have a love of fashionable men's clothing, lust for decent priced $1000 or less watches, girls and the Porsche 996, 997 and Cayman V2.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:33 AM
biosurfer1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$3.5 million is a a lot of money until you compare it to the money needed to be able to SPEND $3.5 million on something like a jet.

I look at it this way. Say the jet was $3500. It obviously not a necessity so I would want to pay cash for it. I would feel comfortable buying that if I, say, made $60,000/year. Extrapolate that out and I would need to make $60 million/year to feel comfortable purchasing that jet with cash. THAT is crazy money to think about but at his height, something that Travolta could have easily seen.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:33 PM
H2O LOL
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I too am working to make my life happier. I see no reason why you can not have a 911. Some say it is totally wrong but in the end, working to become a minimalist is different for every single person. I am striving to become my idea of a minimalist because it keeps me focused, frees up my brain and time so I can do the things i truly enjoy doing along with spending time with the people that make my life great. I wish you the best and hope its bringing you the focus and understanding that it has brought me.

Quick Reply: IYO, is it possible to be a 'minimalist' and own a Porsche?