Notices

Is it possible to get a Loan on a race car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 01:12 PM
lelikmed
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible to get a Loan on a race car?

Hey I have a few questions with few unusual scenarios.

1. Did any one get a loan/financing on a race car like 911 Cup etc. Those cars have no VIN and no title. All car loans require title transfer and VIN.

2. Did any one get a car loan/financing on a race car imported from Europe? In other worlds - car like 911 cup is located in Europe and you want go buy it and need a financing and is it possible?

3. This one is more complex: is it possible to trade a US regular registered car and get a financing for the rest amount on a Canadian car that was converted into race car, but still has a VIN, but not road legal anymore in Canada?

Thanks

Alex
Old 04-05-2013, 02:44 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Financing would have to be done more like a line of credit/personal loan type of deal. A bank typically won't do a standard auto loan on a car with no VIN, or with a foreign VIN.
Note: I am not recommending that. Racing is expensive enough as it is. Paying someone interest on top of that is just silly, if you ask me. I did know someone who financed a race car or two through part of a business loan, so it can be done.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:42 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

As Tim said. Unless you are a professional racer with continuing income and substantial assets relating to the business of racing.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:26 PM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not have a loan on any car that I even track yet alone race, just buy one you can pay for and enjoy it. With both cars I track and race, I have it in my head the money spent on them is long gone. Just think how crappy you would feel if you crashed a cup car and then had to still pay for it yet alone fix it, buying a race car is just the tip of the iceberg
Old 02-01-2021, 11:08 AM
Brand Chefs
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get title loan

Yes It is possible to get car title loan easily. You can follow this website for purpose: https://www.highwaytitleloans.com/

Originally Posted by lelikmed
Hey I have a few questions with few unusual scenarios.

1. Did any one get a loan/financing on a race car like 911 Cup etc. Those cars have no VIN and no title. All car loans require title transfer and VIN.

2. Did any one get a car loan/financing on a race car imported from Europe? In other worlds - car like 911 cup is located in Europe and you want go buy it and need a financing and is it possible?

3. This one is more complex: is it possible to trade a US regular registered car and get a financing for the rest amount on a Canadian car as https://www.southeasttitleloans.com/ that was converted into race car, but still has a VIN, but not road legal anymore in Canada?

Thanks

Alex

Quick Reply: Is it possible to get a Loan on a race car?