Notices

International Car Shipping Services

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 09:29 AM
tetzlafh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default International Car Shipping Services

I'm posting this here in the General section and cross posting because I'm trying to get the best answer from potential first hand accounts.

I'm a DoD member who will potentially be moving back overseas and will need to ship both our daily driver and then my P-car. Since we are authorized to ship only one car via government contractor I would need to source and fund for my second car on my own.

Does anyone have any experience in shipping a car from the US to Europe or vice versa? If so, which company did you go through and what was your experience like? I know some of you are thinking why not just use the gov't contractor...? Well since I had my P-car shipped from Germany on the gov't dime the first time I won't ever be using them again due to the poorest service I have ever experienced and damaged caused to my car.

If anybody has insight into this matter and can provide me some information it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:53 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I used Automobile Concept to ship a 996 to Paris, call them at 305.893.1950 and ask for Silvia.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Having shipped cars from Bremerhafen and airfreighted cars from Brussels and Frankfurt, I can say I prefer to ship via Lufthansa. Do not ship by sea during Winter or the spring or autumnal equinoctial gales. If you must ship by sea, deliver the car yourself to Bremerhafen and remove the front spoiler and put it inside the car. I have had no difficulties with the US Gov't contractor, but I have fronted up in person and paid cash and delivered the car to the dock and picked it up from customs.

R+C
Old 12-04-2012, 09:08 PM
tetzlafh
Burning Brakes

I prefer that it will travel by sea because unless the prices are reasonable to travel by air I'm not paying an outrageous sum for air freight.

And, US gov't contractors are always the cheapest option for them meaning for the most part, substandard service. I'm not wanting to see my car's paint damaged again nor the interior treated like someone's POS Chevy.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:23 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

try these people - http://www.ccs-international.de/

BUT do the delivery to port in Europe and pickup from customs in US yourself

R+C
Old 12-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Originally Posted by JohnYoung
I found citizenshipper very dependable, professional and reasonably priced. They allows you to carry your extra belongings in your car while shipping. It was a pleasant experience to work with them and charged fair price. They are pioneer in this since last 5 years.
Test and then trust!

Great sense of humour! ???? Driving ACCCROSSSS the Atlantic ?????

R+C
Old 12-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Wils4m
1st Gear

I shipped my car from the United States to England with Bidux international car shipping company. Unfortunately I can't remember what the final cost was because it was several months ago but it's quite easy to find out this kind of information on their website. This was my first time using such a service, and I can say that I all in all I was satisfied with the service and the company.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:54 PM
abarthguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 283 Likes on 173 Posts

I have used Wallenius to ship cars from the US (Los Angeles) to Belgium ( Zeebrugge) and back.
This is a roll-on-roll-off container ship. Very professional and reasonable cost. LA to Belgium was $1,100 !
This is very safe and secure. On one trip back to the US, my friend took pics of a load of new Maseratis at the Wallenius dock. When I came to pick up my cars (2 0ld Alfa Romeos !) there were the new Masers !
Old 12-30-2012, 06:00 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by abarthguy
I have used Wallenius to ship cars from the US (Los Angeles) to Belgium ( Zeebrugge) and back.
This is a roll-on-roll-off container ship. Very professional and reasonable cost. LA to Belgium was $1,100 !
This is very safe and secure. On one trip back to the US, my friend took pics of a load of new Maseratis at the Wallenius dock. When I came to pick up my cars (2 0ld Alfa Romeos !) there were the new Masers !
Can you advise:

Were you able to book directly with Wallenius directly or did you have to use a broker? If you used a broker do you have a name and contact info?

How did you insure car during transport?

How did you insure car while using in Europe?
Old 12-31-2012, 12:06 AM
abarthguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 283 Likes on 173 Posts

Hi Bob !

I booked directly with Wallenius. They have people who know the paperwork inside and out and are a big help.

Shipping insurance is optional thru your shipper. I elected not to use it as I was only shipping Alfa Romeos and not Ferraris.

You will have to check the reqirements of the countries you wish to drive in for their requirements.
In my case, we sort of went "under the radar"........
Old 12-31-2012, 12:52 AM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by abarthguy
Hi Bob !

I booked directly with Wallenius. They have people who know the paperwork inside and out and are a big help.

Shipping insurance is optional thru your shipper. I elected not to use it as I was only shipping Alfa Romeos and not Ferraris.

You will have to check the reqirements of the countries you wish to drive in for their requirements.
In my case, we sort of went "under the radar"........
Thanks Randy.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:54 AM
alexbrick
5th Gear

.Thanks for sharing this one here.I will surly try this."call them at 305.893.1950 and ask for Silvia".

Quick Reply: International Car Shipping Services