Notices

Driving from Houston to Denver with my 4 yr ld son in a new to me 996

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012 | 11:10 PM
mrtoro
Racer

Default Driving from Houston to Denver with my 4 yr ld son in a new to me 996

I just booked our plane tickets for Houston! Our boxster was sold in march and I have been looking for the right 996 c4s since then to be my dd in Denver co. Two cars failed PPI and I did not cast a big net since we are very color and option specific. Finally found a speed yellow with sport seats. Long story short my 4 year old son ( huge gear head who has been asking me for a replacement car since oyster drove off) and I will have our first ever fly and drive together. I personally made about six of those in the past but this will be my first with my son. We will fly into houston on 7/26 at 10:40 to pick up the car. We will plan on leaving ousting about noon.

Question: is the tx panhandle more fun than going north to okc and Wichita route? I would think so but it is more desolate and I don't want to risk a new to me car in the middle of nowhere unless it s at least worth it.

Are there any rennlisters along the path less traveled (or okc and wichita route) in case we have problems that we can call upon?
Old 08-27-2012 | 04:23 PM
Suns_PSD
Instructor

Yes, much more interesting drive thru the panhandle (although it still isn't great or anything), cooler weather, little traffic, etc... Huge deer roaming the roads at night is a real problem however.

Have fun!

Quick Reply: Driving from Houston to Denver with my 4 yr ld son in a new to me 996