Notices

How can you fully enjoy your Porsche, not jail, between track days?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012 | 04:14 AM
PV=nRT
Rennlist Member

Default How can you fully enjoy your Porsche, not jail, between track days?

: I want to let my new baby stretch out a bit, do some launch control play and checkout it's handling a little "more dynamically". then i can currently find places that are appropriate. I am not a big fan of endangering the gen public. Or getting expensive tickets or worse. Is there somewhere in north Alabama besides the DE events where you can safely, fully enjoy your Porsche? The DEs sound great, I have signed up for two. But I would like to find a solution that will be doable weekly, if not 2-3 x per week. Older, wiser RLers please advise a newbie how to scratch this itch! Thanks!!!
Old 07-19-2012 | 01:53 PM
RudyP
Rennlist Member

Autocross or the best local quiet curvy road. New modern Porsches have high performance limits so hard to really extract performance on public roads but a 5/10 drive with the windows open on a nice day can be fun.

Or buy an older Porsche with lower performance limits where you can get closer to the edge without doubling the speed limit.
Old 07-23-2012 | 02:00 AM
PV=nRT
Rennlist Member

Thanks. I'm trying to find an empty lot or development close by to practice auto x skills, then go to a local event. It looks like a lot of fun.

Fortunately, rural twisty roads abound where I live. Those used to be a pain before the porsche, now I keep hunting for backboards thru the hills to avoid the interstate! I love this car!
Old 08-05-2012 | 10:04 PM
jhg41977
Three Wheelin'

late night on the highway? You can easily see if anyone else is around. Of course if a Police officer is hiding in the woods, its a bit hard to see them. They ought to keep their blues on for safety.
Old 08-06-2012 | 11:21 AM
Steve Jensen
Pro

As a 356 driver, I can say that it is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow
Old 08-17-2012 | 03:09 PM
ep3_lol
Racer

One of my rules on the street is to always be able to see your full, unobscured path to a complete stop. This can go a long way in making sure you stay safe, but not necessarily helpful in staying legal

Quick Reply: How can you fully enjoy your Porsche, not jail, between track days?