Notices

944 golf ball collector?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 10:44 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry 944 golf ball collector?

I don't know guys, but I thought I'd throw it out there for everyone. It was on tonight, but I was surfing the web and missed it. See it on Oct. 12th at 7PM. I may never watch The Discovery Channel again if they hack one of our P-cars up.

<a href="http://dsc.aol.discovery.com/fansites/monstergarage/episode/episode_06.html" target="_blank">http://dsc.aol.discovery.com/fansites/monstergarage/episode/episode_06.html</a>

Episode 6: Golf-Ball Collector

DSC Oct 12 2002
7:00 PM Monster Garage
Golf Ball Collector (wt)
Old 10-08-2002, 03:42 AM
Jessa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been watching Monster Garage since episode one. Its a fun show, and tonight's 944 was no exception. New Beetle's so cute it almost deserves to die. No feelings for the late model Impala. I can appreciate a Mustang, but there's so damn many of them that one lawnmower won't make a difference. At first I was pretty nervous about watching a 944 get chopped up, but its not as bad as you'd think. Aside from gutting the interior and removing the exhaust and fuel tank, most of what counts is still there. Once you get rid of the golf ball equipment its just a stripped 944 waiting to get prepped for track use. Not a total loss at all!

Of course, doing this to a 928 might be less acceptable...
Old 10-08-2002, 02:08 PM
Greg

Thumbs up

They gull-winged the passenger side door and mounted a golf ball cannon in place of the passenger seat. How cool is that?!?!

I had never seen Monster Garage before, but I think now I'm hooked.
Old 10-08-2002, 10:15 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I've watched Junk Yard wars before it was fun to watch. I'll have to see Monster Garage this weekend to get an opinion. Maybe I'll like it...

Jim
Old 10-11-2002, 11:11 AM
Sam N
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree about hacking up Pcars, but its Jesse James! He is one of the preeminent custom fabricators in the bike world! I say stick with the bikes. . . try a Vrod next time.

Quick Reply: 944 golf ball collector?