Notices

Does Anyone Have Experience with Leland West Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 02:53 PM
951sickness
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Does Anyone Have Experience with Leland West Insurance?

I'm thinking of changing the insurance on my 944 Turbo to Leland West who advertises in the Panorama. The rate is about half of what I currently have. Do any of you have any experience with this company? Thanks in advance for your inputs.
Old 11-27-2001, 02:02 PM
realtime
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I recently renewed my policy with LW. Cost was the major factor for me as ins. rates are sky high in my state and thier cost was less than 1/2 of any other policy I could find from a "general" agent. Be aware that as a collector / specialty car agent there are significant restrictions re: who can drive the car, where it is kept, etc etc. One major draw back that I discovered is that they dont cover drivers education events. (I found this odd being that they heavily advertise in the PCA's magazine) I discussed this with them and they claimed to be looking for a carrier to cover DE- so far no word about it.

I cant comment on (and I hope I never find out) how they cover claims......
Old 01-11-2002, 02:41 PM
craig001
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
Smile

I have been gotten my insurance through Leland-West for 2 different Porsches. They are brokers who handle the more "exotic" cars. My policy through LW is with American Modern Home in Cincinnati. But not having any claims I can't say how that goes. They have restrictions and the number of miles you agree to stay within also influences the cost. Any way you cut it I saved a ton of money over my regular insurance company (Allstate).

Quick Reply: Does Anyone Have Experience with Leland West Insurance?