Notices

Phazer II

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 12:09 PM
tom97c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Phazer II

I have seen these ads guarenteed to make your car "invisible" to radar and laser. Apparently its a scambler. Does anyone have any expierience or knowledge of this.

TIA

Tom
Old 01-17-2002, 01:42 PM
Thom Fitzpatrick
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Screw the radar jammer - I want a cell phone jammer! SoccerMoms and posers on cell phones are more of a hazard and am impediment than a cop with a radar gun!
Old 01-18-2002, 12:43 PM
Tom Pepper
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thumbs down

Be skeptical, very skeptical. Nothing about passive jamming makes sense to the degree that you should depend on it. Active jammers exist...work...mess up everybody's
radar detection...and are illegal.
See the current thread on the 993 board regarding these hoaxes.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:46 PM
acb
4th Gear

I read an article on these things a few years ago in either Popular Science or a car magazine. The gist of that article was that they're pretty much hoaxes. So I'd be wary.
Old 03-02-2002, 05:34 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have seen these ads guarenteed to make your car "invisible" to radar and laser.

The technology does exist and is used on the Steath Bomber and Fighter. But for those prices, I don't think you're going to be getting that stuff through mail-order.

Now that the Chinese have passive-radar that looks at the radar "shadow" of objects as it absorbs background radar noise, the Stealth Bomber & Fighter would actually stand out even more than normal aircraft!
Old 03-03-2002, 07:55 AM
Doug
Advanced

I bought a Phantom II based on the claims the manufacturer makes. It's very cheap looking and if it works as well as it looks it doesn't work. Their ticket rebate is only good if you're going 15% or less over the speed limit. Cops usually give you that much leadway. I bought mine from M & M Electronics and they offer a 30 money back guarantee (after a 20% restocking fee). If you still want I'll sell you mine.

Doug

Quick Reply: Phazer II