Notices

Traveling to Germany

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 06:03 PM
Bill Short
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Traveling to Germany

I'm planning a trip to Germany this Fall. Does anyone have any suggestions or previous experience in visiting the Porsche Factory in Stuttgart? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My alternate e-mail address is bshort@brinderson.com

Thanks
Old 01-13-2002, 08:42 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a feeling it's going to get very quiet in the "general" forum for a while....

...as the tumble weeds roll by....
Old 01-20-2002, 03:50 PM
Gary Church
AutoX

Thumbs up

You can contact the following to arrange a Porsche Facotry Tour.

Spannagel Volker <spannavo@porsche.de>

Enjoy!
Old 01-26-2002, 08:14 PM
Bill Short
2nd Gear

Gary Church,

Thanks for the help. A Porsche Factory Tour is exactly what I'm looking for.

Bill
Old 02-01-2002, 09:17 AM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I highly recommend the factory tour. I received my invitation for Porsche of North America @ 1-800-545-8039.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:24 AM
Brad
Instructor

Bill - I agree, the Merc museum is a must. Even my wife, who hates cars, loved it - models, every car every made, cut down engines, good facilities and so on.

But the Porsche factory tour - it is interesting, yes, but in this - if nothing else - Merc knocks the socks off it! The museum is really poor.

I have heard that there are far better "private" collections on show in Germany - get in touch with the tourism office via <a href="http://www.germany-tourism.de" target="_blank">http://www.germany-tourism.de</a> and see what's open.

But enjoy Germany - and make sure you hire a Porsche and take it on the autobahn around Stuttgart - it's a great feeling!
Old 02-16-2002, 09:41 AM
The Lark
AutoX

Depending on how long you have, and since you're going to be there during October fest(Fall)season, make a trip to Munich and visit the BMW museum, it's awesome!

As for the rest of Germany the Fall can be a rotten time weather wise, that's why they drink so much beer, LOL.

If you're going to rent a car to try out the autobahn rent the car from the US. Don't call Germany and do it from their side, it will be costly! Also, get the insurance, it will be more than the entire car rental price but there's a reason for this. Car theft is at an all time high since the eastern block countries got their freedom, the black market has blossomed.

Have fun,

ddd
Old 02-19-2002, 02:26 AM
jhale356
8th Gear

Go to the Porsche Travel Club link at the Porsche web site. The "Porsche Backstage" package is incredible. Not only do you get the tour, but a ride on the test track. Can be tied together with driving tours. Made the trip last June. Email with questions.

John

Quick Reply: Traveling to Germany