Notices

Porsche jacket

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2001, 12:28 AM
Steven
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Porsche jacket

I asked my wife for a Porsche Laguna jacket for Christmas. She searched for a good deal on one and found one on E-bay. When I opened the box Christmas morning, I was supprised to find the jacket only had the crest on the front. The factory jackets not only have the Porsche crest on the front but also PORSCHE written on the back with Porsche script in red. The tag on the inside of the jacket says 'Western Concepts'. Anyone have one of these jackets? It's the one that is black wool with leather sleeves. The one I received seem kinds cheaply made. I don't think this is an authorized Porsche jacket. Is there anything that can be done about this?
Thanks for any help here,

Steve
Old 12-31-2001, 02:02 PM
George 911-V8
Pro

Location: The Swamp Lands of Louisiana, The Deep Dirty South 2 Miles From Pimp City
STEVEN: I have a jacket I got from the dealer about two years ago. It has a porsche crest on the front and porsche on the back. I think the jacket you got is real just a different type. As all ways its the thought of the season that really counts.

SWAMP MONSTER
Old 12-31-2001, 08:18 PM
SonnyV
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Steven,

What you got is not a real Laguna Jacket from Porsche. I've seen these before for a lot cheaper price. The generic jackets like these are available. So, someone just bought a Porsche crest patch and attached to the jacket.

The real one can be had for about $160 from Vertex + shipping. I bought one a few months ago, great quality. With Red Porsche embroiled in the back and label inside.

A local PCA member bought one similar to the one you described for about $90. I examined it and it was not of a very good quality, especially the sleeves.

Happy New Year,

Sonny Vo
ps: it is the thought that counts.
Old 01-01-2002, 10:27 AM
pd'83SC
Intermediate

Steve,
..I also received this type of jacket from "Santa", but I did get the Real McCoy.
It came from Sunset Porsche in Beaverton, OR...around $120.00 plus shipping...compare that to Performance Products price of $225.00 for the same jacket, hmmm?
...and if you wear size "large", I could sell you the one I received that was a little too large for me, so I ordered another in size "medium"..e-mail if interested.
Happy Motoring!

PD
Old 01-01-2002, 01:55 PM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Steven,

I don't know what the deal is as far as return/refund with items purchased off of ebay.

But, it strikes me that your jacket is unique in that it was purchased for YOU by someone who obviously loves you alot. I'd keep the jacket and wear that sucker every chance you get.

BTW, the genuine Laguna jackets are quilt lined, and probably too warm to wear comfortably most of the year in South Carolina. Besides, the car is the only thing with the name "Porsche" on it that really matters.

Richard
'87 Carrera 3.6L

Quick Reply: Porsche jacket