Looking for Porsche Mechanic "Schlepphorst"

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 07:48 PM
dval
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Looking for Porsche Mechanic "Schlepphorst"

Hi,
I am trying to find my dad's Porsche mechanic that used to crew for him back in the late 1950's to mid 1960's. He was employed by Porsche from Germany and would crew in the Phoenix area while he was here with Porsche events. His name is Peter Schlepphorst, I think the spelling is fairly accurate on his last name. If anyone recognizes this guy please let me know as it would be a great gift to my dad for them to talk once again after all these years.

Thanks,
Dave
dval727@yahoo.com
Old 06-12-2003, 04:20 AM
CPT Porsche
Track Day

Dave, have you tried contacting Porsche directly, I have some contacts in the company, I'll email them and see what they can do.

BTW this is my first post here!
Old 06-16-2003, 03:33 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Ain't RENNLIST cool?! There's probably some PCA'ers in the Phoenix area that can help as well.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:04 PM
dval
4th Gear

CPT,
Hi, I did send Porsche in Germany an email, but never heard back, if you have any contacts that would be great. I talked to my dad last week, he also mentioned another guy with Peter, Al Jobst. Peter was employed directly by Porsche and helped my dad out at that time period. The problem is most of the people I talk to go back to about 1965 and that's it, he stopped racing in 1961/62 and Peter I think moved on at that point.
thanks for the help

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by CPT Porsche:
<strong>Dave, have you tried contacting Porsche directly, I have some contacts in the company, I'll email them and see what they can do.

BTW this is my first post here!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">
Old 07-03-2003, 03:06 PM
dval
4th Gear

hi john,
thanks for the reply, i have check with the pca and 356 club, no luck yet, but still working away. if you have any suggestions that would be appreciated.
thanks
dave

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by John Anderson:
<strong>Ain't RENNLIST cool?! There's probably some PCA'ers in the Phoenix area that can help as well.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">
Old 07-03-2003, 03:06 PM
dval
4th Gear

hi john,
thanks for the reply, i have check with the pca and 356 club, no luck yet, but still working away. if you have any suggestions that would be appreciated.
thanks
dave

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by John Anderson:
<strong>Ain't RENNLIST cool?! There's probably some PCA'ers in the Phoenix area that can help as well.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">

Quick Reply: Looking for Porsche Mechanic "Schlepphorst"