Notices

Recaro Resource Guide

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 10:41 PM
joetiii
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody know how much a Recaro C weighs?
Old 04-30-2015, 03:14 PM
minigts
3rd Gear

Does anyone have a source for the LS series (LSB) upper foam? I've located sources for the lower bolsters, but the upper left driver's side on one of my seats is bad. Is this the place to post the links for sources? Just wondering how to get these replaced, if possible.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:38 AM
suburbangeorge
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by minigts
Does anyone have a source for the LS series (LSB) upper foam? I've located sources for the lower bolsters, but the upper left driver's side on one of my seats is bad. Is this the place to post the links for sources? Just wondering how to get these replaced, if possible.
Have several pair of the MKII VW Recaros in various conditions. Think that this the same foam. Do you know?

This is what the VW seats look like:

http://image.europeancarweb.com/f/89...caro_Seats.jpg

Except for the thigh support.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:45 PM
minigts
3rd Gear

Those look very similar. Capital Seating and Vision carry the lower side bolsters (for the ones I have), but no one seems to make the uppers.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:50 PM
suburbangeorge
3rd Gear

Those look very similar. Capital Seating and Vision carry the lower side bolsters (for the ones I have), but no one seems to make the uppers.
Don't the lower ones that Capital sells require modification to fit your frames?

The upper foam is what Capital sells:

This picture shows the stock lower bolster foam. The Capital foam needs to be modified so that the bottom fits the metal frame.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:00 PM
minigts
3rd Gear

The upper is what I have on my seats, not the longer foam ones. Well that's what came with my seats and they fit the metal frame ok. My seats came out of an 89 Shelby CSX. They only made about 50 cars with the Recaro option, but they seem to be the LS series based on what I've read and found. The original foam was nearly identical to what Capital sold me.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:21 PM
suburbangeorge
3rd Gear

The upper is what I have on my seats, not the longer foam ones. Well that's what came with my seats and they fit the metal frame ok. My seats came out of an 89 Shelby CSX. They only made about 50 cars with the Recaro option, but they seem to be the LS series based on what I've read and found. The original foam was nearly identical to what Capital sold me.
Here are the factory VW Recaro foams on a VW Recaro frame:

Here are Capital Seating foams on the same frame:

Notice that both new and old foams are "notched" at bottom front to fit frame crossmember. If your lower set up is not like that, I would hesitate to sell you upper foam as it may be different from the VW Recaros.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:32 PM
MichaelsVintage
1st Gear

Hi everyone!

I'm brand new here, but I'm familiar with all types of Porsches. My father and I run a vintage race shop, and even though we don't work on any at the moment we compete against all manner of 914s, 912s, and 911s! I also enjoy learning about the history of Porsche, especially in motorsport.

Anyway, I'm bumping this old thread because I'm in a bit of a pickle. I've just bought a set of very nice C-Orthoped seats which I'm super excited to install. I've found two small issues. First, the lumbar bladders on one seat are not filling up equally. The bottom bladder takes almost all the air, leaving the center and upper bladders almost empty. I can fill those bladders if I unplug the lower one, but they seem to fill more slowly. I think this may be the one-way valves sticking in the hoses; any thoughts?

Second, the lower bolster adjustment on one seat appears to be stuck. It's currently all the way in, but the crank gets very hard to turn before the bolster moves outward at all. I'm very nervous to force it.

Thank you all in advance for any info or leads you may be able to provide.

-Mike

Quick Reply: Recaro Resource Guide