Notices

Got bit by the Porsche Bug!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010 | 06:02 PM
JSEDecker
6th Gear

Default Got bit by the Porsche Bug!!!

Hello all!

I am a new member here and am eventually going to be adding a Porsche to my garage. I currently own a 2011 BMW M3 which I have made a few improvements to. Although I love the M3 for its amazing abilities both as a subdued and comfortable highway cruiser and for it's ability to run around the track on the weekends, I want the pure and raw driving experience a Porsche delivers.

I have been building 911 GT3's and GT3RS's on the Porsche website for the last few weeks as well as watching GT3 videos on youtube and reading any 997.2 GT3/GT3RS articles I can find. The M3's V8 sounds amazing at 8400RPM but the sound that comes out of the 3.8 Flat 6 in the GT3/GT3RS is purely amazing!!!! IMO it sounds even better than a Ferarri!!!!

I intend to lurk around the forums here to try and deal with this want I have for a Porsche until I can finally get one in a few years.

I will leave you guys with some photos of my car that were taken by IND Distribution in July 2010 near Chicago, IL. and link to the write up that they did about the project.

Mining for Moonstone Link

Old 01-03-2011 | 10:42 PM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Very Nice whip! I used to have an E36 and 46 M3 and miss them. But I certainly do love my porsche now.

What do you do In Fort Mac? I used to do some work up there. Worked at Shell Albian, Suncor Voyageur and Firebag, and Trans Alta.
Old 01-04-2011 | 03:06 AM
JSEDecker
6th Gear

Thanks very much, I love the M3 but I am lusting after a GT3....... in a few short years I will be getting one. Gotta build a new home first though!

I work for Suncor as a Heavy Equipment Technician...... what line of work are you in?
Old 01-04-2011 | 03:24 AM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

I am in in Non Destructive Testing and Quality Control. I was working with Ledcor on the Voyageur project in weld inspection and QC and with TEAM Industrial Services in Firebag.

I hope you are not building your new house in Fort Mac since the GT3 will not have the track space it needs outside an 8 hr drive. Heck it is even a pain in the *** for me to trailer my civic from Edmonton down to Calgary for track days at race city.

Would you plan on keeping your GT3 streetable? If so then at least you could drive it down, it sucks with my civic because it has to be trailered everywhere.
Old 01-05-2011 | 01:26 AM
JSEDecker
6th Gear

Yeah the new house will be in Fort Mac. I am trying to get a larger lot in a new area so that I can build a nice detached shop to work on and store my cars in. I already have a 24ft inclosed car carrier to haul around the M3 but I do plan on keeping the GT3 street-able anyway.
Old 01-05-2011 | 01:40 AM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Thats cool. How long have you been in Fort Mac? Since it seems that anyone who lives there nowadays is from somewhere else. Im guessing if you work heavy equipment you work in the mines up there. Are you an operator? I have had some work inspecting drag lines and scrapers and other various heavy equipment repairs. I am sure I have also looked at some of your guys wheel bolts ant tie rods up there ha ha. Suncor is definitely the company to work for up there. They treat their employees amazingly compared to Shell Petro and Syncrude that I have worked for up there. Plus that Suncor stock has done alright for me when I bought in at $20/share a couple years ago.
Old 01-06-2011 | 03:22 AM
JSEDecker
6th Gear

I am a Heavy Equipment Technician and am going on my 10th year up here in Fort Mac. It ain't a bad place if you were lucky enough to get into the real estate market before the prices went through the roof. It is basically $700-$800K to get into any detached home up here now and with Suncor's recent 10 year expansion/growth plan announcement things will be rising yet again. Thankfully I bought a place about 4 years ago and am doing quite well on it so I will have quite a chunk to put towards the new place.

Shoot me a PM if you are up in Fort Mac this summer...... we can go for a burn in the M3 if you would like!

Quick Reply: Got bit by the Porsche Bug!!!