Hello + European Delivery Adventure

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:20 AM
ggoodlife
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello + European Delivery Adventure

Hi Everybody!

I figured I would do a first (4th?) post to introduce myself to the board. I have for a long time been a Rennlist reader....but just recently regitered.

I have always wanted a 911, but just haven't been able to pull the trigger just yet. I almost did it last summer on a 997, but let my financial brain get in the way and bought a BMW 335.

But that was a great experience as I did European Delivery on it(see below) and I love the car so far. Maybe in a couple of years when the next 911 comes out (998?) I can go the European Delivery route with a Porsche product.

You can see pictures and read about my BMW European Delivery adventure by going here:
http://eastbounddown.com/category/european-delivery/

Or you can start with my first part by going here:
http://eastbounddown.com/2009/10/bmw-335-coupe/

Anyhow, like I said I just wanted to say hello and I look forward to joing the actual Porsche owning club at some point.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:02 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 694 Likes on 482 Posts

Glad you decided to go that route. Its unfortunate that BMW no longer offers that service for motorcycles...but no worries, I keep one in Europe.

You must have had a great time driving roads that are meant to be driven; endless curves and hairpins with elevation changes.

Do these look familiar...

I hope you get to try out Corsica...its another world.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Rocci
Instructor

Euro Delivery is the way to go. I did my first ED with BMW back in 2005. Picked up an M3 and spent 3 weeks traveling in Europe. After that trip I promised myself I would do it again, and next time a Porsche. So in about 2 months this promise will be fulfilled. Picking up my GT3 in May and will spend the next 4 weeks living the dream.

ggoodlife - hopefully you will also be able to do it again. Don't wait 5 years like I did. And definitely go for the Porsche.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:39 PM
ggoodlife
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by IXLR8
Glad you decided to go that route. Its unfortunate that BMW no longer offers that service for motorcycles...but no worries, I keep one in Europe.

You must have had a great time driving roads that are meant to be driven; endless curves and hairpins with elevation changes.

Do these look familiar...
They look very familiar.....and I can't wait to go back at some point. It really was a great time and is the best way ever to take delivery of a vehicle.

Quick Reply: Hello + European Delivery Adventure