Notices

Anyone own a B13 (1991) Sentra SE-R?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Swagger93
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone own a B13 (1991) Sentra SE-R?

I'm real sorry, I just realized this is OT and my membership has expired. Again, apologies!!! If anyone wants to reply it'd still be appreciated.

Last fall I was short on cash, needed a daily driver and stumbled on a ~130k-mile 1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R for an unbelievably low price. It was one of those purchases where I planned on dumping the thing one I had some more cash (after graduation), but once I got behind the wheel I began to realize what I had just obtained...

I think it's probably the best FWD car I've ever driven. The handling is just insane, the LSD coupled with light weight (~2200lbs) produce AWD-like traction and allow wanton oversteer with a simple flick of the wheel and some opposite lock in the snow (set of four hakkapeliittas) at speeds that boggle the mind in most anything barring an original Quattro, WRX or Evolution. The cost of ownership is so low the 951 has benefited greatly.

Has anyone else here had one? I'd like to hear others' experiences; I've read terrific things about the car, but if there are any current/former owners (racers?)? Mine's exhibiting some characteristic older-Japanese-car rot and a few other idiosyncrasies, but I love it so much I want to save it. I'd like any tips that can be offered (perhaps someone who's turbocharged the factory sr-20de motor).

1986 951 Weltmeister Chips/Shims/MBC/17" 993 Twists/OEM M474 & LSD
1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Last edited by Swagger93; 06-06-2009 at 12:04 AM. Reason: realized it was in the wrong forum

Quick Reply: Anyone own a B13 (1991) Sentra SE-R?