Notices

Porsche shop in Augusta Ga. Area

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 07:22 PM
gulfwardav
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche shop in Augusta Ga. Area

Hi, Does anyone know a good porsche tech in the augusta georgia area 30909 ?
I have a 1977 911s targe thats been sitting for 5 yrs, and i need it worked on. thanks any help would be apreciated. gulfwardav@comcast.net...Yes mechanical work

Last edited by gulfwardav; 03-12-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:42 AM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 455 Likes on 233 Posts

Chris or Brain
706-738-7812

You didn't say what was needed on the car, but they are the best in town for mechanical work.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:08 AM
gulfwardav
5th Gear

I thought those guys mainly work on fords,they all own old mustangs and are always working on one. Thats the trans. shop on gordon hwy right?
Old 03-12-2009, 03:13 PM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gulfwardav
I thought those guys mainly work on fords,they all own old mustangs and are always working on one. Thats the trans. shop on gordon hwy right?
They do specialize is transmissions and rear running gears.

Their Dad is the one with the old Mustangs. He sold the shop to his two son's.

Nonetheless, they fixed a couple of problems on my Porsche (in an hour or so) that I had been struggling with for hours and hours.

My Porsche:

You can always bring the car to Atlanta and get charged twice as much.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:34 PM
gulfwardav
5th Gear

Thanks, I'll give them a call, and i really didnt want to go to atl for the exact reason you stated. Thx,jeff
Old 03-12-2009, 03:54 PM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Thanks, I'll give them a call, and i really didnt want to go to atl for the exact reason you stated. Thx,jeff
Jeff,
The local Atlanta Porsche shops will put you up in the Ritz Buckhead while they are working on your car.

Brian will send you over to McDonalds while he is looking at the car. Nonetheless, he will treat you right and will certainly tell you if your situation is beyond his experience. They could never build this business without being completely forthcoming.

Doc
Old 03-12-2009, 04:00 PM
wpriller
Burning Brakes

If you do decide to bring your car to Atlanta, I would recommend Franz Blam Racing in Tucker. Mr. Blam's prices are reasonable and between Mr Blam & Deider, they are probably the best around to work on earlier model 911's.

Mr. Blam's son Thomas is the Chief Strategist for Flying Lizard Race Team and Mr. Blam also consults with the team. They just did a major engine rebuild on my 1975 911S. Deider & Mr. Blam always kept me inform and had me come into the shop when they needed to discuss recommendations during the rebuild.

So if you do decide to bring your car to Atlanta, please keep them in consideration.

Hi, Does anyone know a good porsche tech in the augusta georgia area 30909 ?
I have a 1977 911s targe thats been sitting for 5 yrs, and i need it worked on. thanks any help would be apreciated. gulfwardav@comcast.net...Yes mechanical work
Old 03-12-2009, 05:10 PM
gulfwardav
5th Gear

Thanks for all the info, I will definatly give them a call.
Alan kidson at german auto repair inc., in atl turned me on to rennlist, so thanks to him also.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:29 PM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wpriller
If you do decide to bring your car to Atlanta, I would recommend Franz Blam Racing in Tucker.
Franz is very good. He has a lot of experience in professional racing as a crew chief. The last car that I remembered that he supported was a Lexus.

Jack Lewis also has an excellent shop. Jack has driven in more professional Porsche race cars than anyone except Hurley Haywood.

Both of the local Atlanta Porsche dealers have excellent mechanics for a 1977 car.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:00 PM
gulfwardav
5th Gear

Thanks, here she is and she needs paint also but one step at a time!!
Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2009, 08:53 PM
MSHii
Advanced

Originally Posted by wpriller
If you do decide to bring your car to Atlanta, I would recommend Franz Blam Racing in Tucker. Mr. Blam's prices are reasonable and between Mr Blam & Deider, they are probably the best around to work on earlier model 911's.

Mr. Blam's son Thomas is the Chief Strategist for Flying Lizard Race Team and Mr. Blam also consults with the team. They just did a major engine rebuild on my 1975 911S. Deider & Mr. Blam always kept me inform and had me come into the shop when they needed to discuss recommendations during the rebuild.

So if you do decide to bring your car to Atlanta, please keep them in consideration.
I was going to recommend FBR too. Franz and Deiter are true craftsmen when it comes to taking care of and rebuilding Porsches, especially ones of that vintage.

Nice car, by the way!

Last edited by MSHii; 03-23-2009 at 08:55 PM. Reason: complimenting Gulfwardav's car

Quick Reply: Porsche shop in Augusta Ga. Area