Notices

PPI garage in Philadelphia

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Boston911fan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPI garage in Philadelphia

Hi there, my name is Evan, I'm new to Rennlist, and I'm looking for my first 911. I located two 993 Cabriolets in Philadelphia at Holt Motorsports, and I'm flying down to see them on Friday. Could someone recommend a place for a pre-purchase inspection, somewhere that is unafilliated with Holt? Thanks for your help!
Old 07-08-2008, 12:19 AM
Obie1
Instructor

I bought my car from Holt and I had Dougherty Automotive (West Chester, PA) do the PPI. They do many of Holt's PPI but you do not need to worry. They have a good working relationship with Tim but in no way overlook issues because they deal with Holt. They are working for you and will provide a comprehensive report on the car. good luck.

JD
Old 07-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Boston911fan
Pro

Cool, thanks so much! I will look into it. As for Holt, what was your experience working with them? I am looking at two of the cars on their website. One is a Guards red/black 1997 C2 Cabriolet with 42k miles. The other is a Guards red/cashmere 1996 C2 Cabriolet with 20k miles. I am leaning toward the '96 because of the low mileage and the color combo. Tim Holt was willing to knock off 3 grand from his asking price, but I would still be paying a lot more than average for a C2 Cab. Did you get a good deal on yours, and if so, what's the secret? How has your '96 been? I've been told that it's a bit harder to upgrade software on the '96's. Anyway, I am flying down on Friday to check both of them out, and I will be making arrangements with a PPI garage soon. Since Dougherty is in West Chester, maybe I'll just stop by while I'm in town...I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Boston911fan
Pro

Obie1, I called Dougherty yesterday, and a nice guy named Ryan explained to me the two levels of PPI inspections they do. Plus, if I like the car, they can do one as soon as Monday! If I REALLY like the car and decide to buy it, they will make arrangements with Holt to pick up the car and do the MO30 springs and Bilstein HDs for me before I pick it up to bring it home! I am going to try and visit their garage tomorrow.

Quick Reply: PPI garage in Philadelphia