Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Timeshare with RCI!!!

Anyone have a Timeshare with RCI?

Adam
Old 06-17-2008, 09:54 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL my mom does. we went to cancun ONCE like 3-4 years ago, and we have 2 weeks each year, and if we do not use those weeks, they build up so if i wanted to go right now, i could stay for a whole month and 2 weeks ALL ICLUSIVE which means FREE FOOD AND STAYING lol.

why, is there any problems?? in case you did not know, you can use your timeshare around the world but seeing if the hotel in that area accepts RCI timeshare times. i went to phillipines last year and used 8 days and 9 nights of my RCI timeshare at a hotel there, i believe its called international trading or something idk..
Old 07-07-2008, 01:21 PM
968rz
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had RCI for 16years with no issues.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Mike Rivera
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used RCI for about 12 years.

As far as I know, they don't own or sell timeshares - they are simple a service you can use for your timeshare in order to trade into other properties (so you don't have to go to the same place very year).

Over the years we've traded our timeshare in Maui to go to New York, Florida, Lake Tahoe, L.A., San Diego, etc., with no issues.

- Mike
Old 07-07-2008, 06:56 PM
968rz
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike you are correct, RCI is like a bank that holds your weeks and this allows you to trade for others (like swapping houses with your sister for a week)
We have also let family use the weeks for honeymoons and such.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:10 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3'sRFree
Anyone have a Timeshare with RCI?

Adam
My parents have a week and have had it for 20 years or so. My inlaws have 2 or 3 weeks (not really sure how many weeks they have).

Trading was easier years ago as it has been getting harder to trade for a good resort these days.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:16 AM
rgrimm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M758
My parents have a week and have had it for 20 years or so. My inlaws have 2 or 3 weeks (not really sure how many weeks they have).

Trading was easier years ago as it has been getting harder to trade for a good resort these days.
We "had" one, and that was my experience. Years ago you could go just about anywhere with a month or two's notice. Then, as the system matured and the resosrts were more completely sold, you had to "bank" your week and request your swap further and further in advance.

We just weren't willing to plan that far out and sold our timeshare.

Quick Reply: Timeshare with RCI!!!