Notices

Will PFS negotiate lease buy-out?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 04:04 PM
racefaith
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will PFS negotiate lease buy-out?

Has anyone ever had luck negotiating a lower pay-off / buy-out of their expirying lease than for the stated contract residual value?

thanks!
Old 04-14-2008, 12:10 AM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

Ain't gonna happen.

Been doing this for 19 years now. You'll get laughed off the phone.....but you'll try anyways. PFS or pretty much any other lease company (and I haven't seen one yet that didn't) will take the car back and sell it at auction to their captive dealer audience. They want the dealers to resell the cars for profit and to potentially be re-leased.

Your arguments will be irrelevant to them. They don't care.......the car will come back to them if you do not pay out the contract you signed on for. It's all about the image of resale value.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:56 PM
racefaith
4th Gear

Thanks. I figured the FS branches of manufacturers all hold the line. I tried recently with BMW and they hold firm as well.

But I do not agree that it is cart blache. GE for one will if pushed. My assumption is that with the non production lenders not having the built in re-sale system, they are much more liekly to negotiate less have a car on their hands to sell... a bit like the way mortgages companies are very eager to negotiate lower terms right now than let their client default and expand the banks real estate portfolio.

I can only hope my Cayenne's residual hold-s up for another 22 months and maybe the buy out will remain attractive.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:07 PM
volpenyc
Pro

I bought mine off lease, but that was from GE financial services, and I did get a little negotiation room, FWIW..

Quick Reply: Will PFS negotiate lease buy-out?