Notices

Close Call...............Long Story

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:47 PM
looney2n
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Close Call...............Long Story

So, I get home from a long week on the road, rush off the plane, sprint to catch the parking shuttle bus and then race across town to get to the Porsche dealer to pick up my new C2S.

Everything went like clockwork!!!! I couldn't believe it.

I get the car home and take nice short drive and get back just in time to help the wife unload the groceries. She has been so good through this whole Porsche purchase......................

She suggests we go out to dinner and I say, "Only if we can take my car." She responds, "Well, yes..............I want a ride in it." I respond will, "Isn't it supposed to rain? Maybe we should take your car."

Then she says, "Oh heck, that isn't until 4am tomorrow!"

We head over to one our favorite restaurants and all the way I am worried about where to park my new baby. As we drive by the restaurant to get to the parking lot, we see it is just packed with people hanging around outside waiting to be seated.

I suggested I let her out near the front door so she can put our name in while I search for a safe haven for my new baby.

As I pull up to let her out, there it is..........................a front row parking spot on the very end with plenty of room for the other car open their driver's door and not even come close to hitting my baby. If fact, as we sat on the deck have a cocktail and waiting for our table, I was looking my baby straight in the eyes!!!

We finally get seated and about half way through our meal, it looks like lightning. So we decide to finish up and get the new baby home before it starts raining.....................................TOO LATE!!!!! It was pouring as we exited the restaurant.

Here I am, the first night in my new car and I am driving it in the rain!!! Oh well, I thought I would test the grip of the tires on the ride home.

I couldn't believe how well they stuck and the car handled and we made it home safely and I just finish wiping down the car and putting her away for night.

As I come in from the garage, my wife is telling me to turn on the big screen and take a look.....................oh man, hail, tornado warings and huge cells moving through our area over next hour!! We just made it home in time to protect my baby.............must be Karma...........my name is "Earl"!!

Thanks for reading, Jack
Old 04-05-2008, 09:37 PM
dog_tired
Advanced

Sounds just like my first night! Wife and I knew that a big storm was coming, but I was far too impatient to put off taking delivery for yet another day. As I was pulling out of the dealership, I decided to take a turn towards my parent's house about 20 miles out of my way, but i really wanted to see my dad's face when he saw the car (heck, I'm proud of it, and I knew that he'd be proud of me!) About 3 miles from their home, the wind got nasty, and my I called it off. Got into a hellacious storm in the last 10 miles home. Thank god no for no hail. I was outside washing my new baby the next day with a promise that, I'll never do that again (it may be a car, but it's still a 911S.)
Old 04-07-2008, 10:36 AM
rmillnj
Racer

I have to laugh. Every Porsche I have ever owned has faced every kind of bad weather you could throw at it and at 96,000 miles the latest one looks as good as the day it was new. But keep your cars in the garage, I will be looking to buy one of them some day. I will thank you for keeping it nice for me.

Quick Reply: Close Call...............Long Story