Notices

Poor expierence with Better Bodies USA... *long*

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:02 PM
ZX3tuning
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor expierence with Better Bodies USA... *long*

After a phone conversation with Rob from Better bodies USA on Tuesday, I’ve been left with a very sour taste in my mouth.

Basic run down from start to finish...

Ordered a pair of bumpers for my `88 930 on 06/26/07 to my US shipping address they didn't arrive at my US shipping location until July 5th iirc. I went down to pick them up that weekend, went to take my old bumpers off and test fit the following weekend.
Knowing full well fiberglass bumpers are never perfect i expected some "fitting" to be done.
On test fit, the front bumper didn't line up at all on the driver side and was about 1.5-2" wider than my car depending on how i tried to line it up.
The rear bumper fitment was horrible! It was about 3" too wide and for some reason there was a 1" gap between the front edge of the bumper under where the taillight boxes were if i lined up the wheel wells. If i lined up the bumper so that gap wasn't there the wheel wells didn't match up in poked into the wheel wells about an 1" on each side or pretty much into the tires...

Oh well, maybe just got a couple of bad bumpers.
Call Better bodies... no response, left a message. Wait a couple of days and still no response so i called back and left another message and even sent an email. I got caught up with work for couple of weeks yet still no response to my call or email. Call again, now about a month after the fact, no answer. Call again a couple more times over the next 2 days and FINALLY get through. Express my concerns with the fitment and after some back and forth i said I’ll be taking them back to my US address and would like either a call tag sent or a RO so i can send them back... got the old "sure, sure. We'll take care of it" answer and said thanks and good-bye.

Couple of weeks pass and they haven't been picked up, call and leave a message and send an email....

Get a phone call from my US shipping address a couple weeks later and am informed they are still there.
Called a few more times, leave another message and send another email. For whatever reason, i can NEVER get someone on the phone....??

and this continues to go on

fast forward to January, it's been a couple of months since i've been down to or talked to my US shipping address and am calling about something completely unrelated. I’m informed the bumpers are still there.

i call again, more than a few times and finally get someone on the phone.
after going over it all over again, i get the "well if it was a problem you should have contacted us sooner" response... at this point i'm pretty pissed off and demand a RO so i can send these back so i can get my refund. was told only the boss could do that, they take my number and name and say i'll get a call in the morning.... no call. next day, no call.... next day, no call so i call back and get through after about the 3rd or 4th call and have to go through the same thing. take to the guy in charge that day and get an RO and am told i'll get a call within a day or to of getting the bumpers back. I give the RO to my US address(also a shipping terminal) and they get it on the truck and down to better bodies. tracking number verifies receipt of package, iirc signed for by A. Lopez on the 23rd or so of Jan..... wait a couple of days, no call. wait a couple more, still no call!?

Call a few more times over the next 2 weeks before getting through. talked to someone there and am told the bumpers are in and they need to verify the problem on their test fit cars and they call me back in a couple of days about my refund. days go by and no call, so it's back to calling them. it's now Feb. 28th and i get through and ask what the story is about my refund, am told it's in accountings hands and they are looking up the invoice so they can issue a refund... GREAT!! FINALLY!!! i'm told it should be in the mail in the morning, if not, whomever i was talking to would mail it for me on Monday the 3rd!
GREAT!

i call my US shipping location on the Friday the 7th as i'm coming down to pick up some other things, not there. call again on Monday, not there. call Better bodies... "it's on the way there, you should get it any day now!" GREAT!
Call my US addy again on Friday the 14th, not there....
call my US addy again on Tuesday the 25th, a letter from Better bodies is in! i get them to express it to me and i have it by the 28th!
open it up and i see an invoice with the original purchase date, my info and everything. then a hand written note on it that reads:

"2-28-08
3pm
Returned parts 1 month ago. wants to know what’s up with REFUND

805.00 -25% ($201.25) = $603.75

Down at the bottom of the invoice there are a couple of lines highlighted...
"exchanges on defective products will NOT be accepted after 5 days from shipment." and "all returns on fiberglass parts are subject to a 30% restocking fee."
this is accompanied with a check for $603.75

to say the least i'm pissed as no matter what i'm screwed according to their policy as my bumpers were in transit for 8 days.
on top of that, none of this was mentioned to me at any time and never was there mention of a restocking fee as these were defect parts, not returns.

So i called Monday and talked to one of the guys and expressed my displeasure with my situation and he said he'd get Rob to give me a call today FIRST THING in the morning. i asked again... FIRST THING IN THE MORNING! ok.
Rob called me Tuesday at 2:20pm. after a brief conversation that lead up to where we are at now in this ordeal, i tell him how unhappy i have been with the service i have received so far and how i feel like I’m getting ****ed over. he responds by telling me he feels the same way as the parts i sent back fit their cars and he thought i was trying to screw him..... yet i was never called and this was never brought to my attention to get my side of the story.

simple facts are the parts didn't fit my car, for whatever reason... they didn't fit my car.
being a business man myself in sales and customer service, in a case like this i bend over backwards to fix the problem even if it's not my fault and even if it costs me money out of MY pocket! i fix the problem to the best of my ability.

we go back and forth and again i express my distaste with the situation and state that if we weren't talking I’d have no problems coming on here and Pelican to express my distaste to the community. he gets all bent out of shape, takes my words out of context and threatens me with legal action if i slander him publicly. i try to explain what i said to him yet he's not listening and basically tells me to pound sand and we're done and to have a nice day...

WTF?!

am i alone here?
i'm not sure what the deal is... but what the hell?!
is this something i should expect or accept from a company about something like this?!
9 months to resolve a very simple issue, no communication, poor product fitment and bad customer service and then getting screwed out of $200 on the restocking fee plus about $200-250 in shipping plus all my time....

i don't know what to say other than be weary of dealing with BetterBodiesUSA if you start to get into the same spot i found myself in.

sorry for the length of this or if it's in the wrong forum.

Last edited by ZX3tuning; 04-03-2008 at 08:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Poor expierence with Better Bodies USA... *long*