Notices

Any Porsche Employees Here???(Dealership, Factory, etc)

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 11:39 PM
VR4 Playa
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Porsche Employees Here???(Dealership, Factory, etc)

So my dream since I was younger was to work for Porsche and I originally went to school for mechanical engineering to one day be one of the great designers of these fine automobiles. Well things changed and I ended up finishing with a degree in German with an emphasis on Commercial Studies from the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana. As of now I'm running my own small online biz that pays the bills, but is not something I see myself doing for very long... either I'm gonna find a 9-5 or try to start a new biz... but I haven't given up on my dream....

While I know that Porsche is one of the most profitable companies in the world, this doesn't necessarily translate into well-paid/happy employees and I know it's no guarantee that I'd get a 997 C4S as a "company car", but I would still like to work for Porsche in some facet, lately I have been considering automotive sales at a dealership, I'm hoping that since I have worked a few sales jobs in the past and have my "piece of paper" that it would give me a leg up on most, not to mention I figure I could kill in my interview with my passion for the product and people skills. I am aware, however, that being a Porsche salesman would mean low base pay and my check would be mostly commission driven, but hey, as long as I'm doing what I love, I wouldn't mind it. Another division of the company I was looking at is the Porsche Financial Services in Naperville(which is about 30mins from my house), although the only job posting on careerbuilders was for someone fluent in French. While I don't have a business degree, per say, I do have a decent business background for someone who just graduated back in August(~2yrs experience in mgmt and now ownership) as well as the fact that the Commercial Studies aspect of my degree can be marketed more as a business degree.

With all that, I'm just wondering if there are any Porsche employees on these forums, whether your a salesman at the local dealership, an engineer in Troy, MI or Stuttgart, DE, or a financial analyst in Naperville.... I'd really like to hear your experience and see if it's something I should continue pursuing as I know... "there is no substitute"
Old 03-11-2008, 12:58 PM
VR4 Playa
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody?

there's gotta be someone here that actually works for Porsche or a Porsche Dealership...

Quick Reply: Any Porsche Employees Here???(Dealership, Factory, etc)