Notices

The New German Environment Sticker

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts
Default The New German Environment Sticker

I am shipping my RS to Germany this summer for a week and the Ring and a little time at Spa, but I also want to do a bit of road driving.

New regs from Berlin,Cologne and an increasing number of German cities require a color coded environment sticker that define where you can drive in the city. No sticker is a big fine.The sticker includes your tag#.My car is new and meets current regs,so I got the full green sticker.

I finally found a company called climate company in Berlin (climate-company.de),but it was only set up for Western European countries. Not much use for Canada. I emailed them and they were super helpful. After I sent them copy of the car title and vin#, they sent me the fully completed sticker.

Needless to say, I have no affiliation, but thought I would leave this for anyone shipping a car to Europe in the future.

Here is link: http://www.umwelt-plakette.de/

Last edited by Ronan; 03-10-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:02 AM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How are you required to mount/display the badge?
Old 03-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Its an adhesive windshield sticker
Old 03-14-2008, 03:36 PM
tetzlafh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ronan, I guess the regs are different but i drive around without a sticker in Koln.

Anyways what I'm getting at is if you are in the area (Eifel/Ardennes Region) which you will be then let me know! Always willing to meet up with other Rennlisters on their journeys here in Germany. I'm split in between the 'Ring and Spa-Francorchamps and on a stretch of unlimited Autobahn...

Harry

Quick Reply: The New German Environment Sticker