HELP STOLEN 964 - ATLANTA, GA

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 04:32 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bbourdon
I'd buy that for $5-10k no problem.
So would everyone else on rennlist... I suspect it'll go for more, especially if they get it cleaned up and started.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:56 PM
v21
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for this terrible test you went through.

This is why I'd rather not own a firearm, the temptation to use it in this world are just too high: stole right from your garage, with you standing in your house? What a nerve! The bastard(s) deserve to be boiled alive for what you went through.

How did they manage to start the car without the keys; do you know?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:59 AM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by v21
This is why I'd rather not own a firearm, the temptation to use it in this world are just too high: stole right from your garage, with you standing in your house? What a nerve! The bastard(s) deserve to be boiled alive for what you went through.
I would hope that someone would not come into my house or garage to steal something or harm my family. He would be held at gunpoint until the cops arrived. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot him if he pulled a weapon.

GeorgiaCarry.Org is Georgia's no-compromise voice for gun owners.
http://www.GeorgiaCarry.org/

It's a basic right in the U.S. Constitution.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:58 AM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

Just saw thread. I cannot believe the ***** on whoever did this. My guess is it was a kid/kids who lived on your block. I wouldn't be surprised if you actually know the person or know of the person.

If I saw my car leaving my driveway my first impulse would be to pursue the car- why didn't you?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:01 AM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by v21

How did they manage to start the car without the keys; do you know?
This is why you SHOULD own a firearm my friend.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:42 AM
v21
Intermediate

I know, but in my case I'd probably shoot without even being threatened, just as punishment because in cases like these, they deserve it.

But then I couldn't get away with it and that would be jail time so I'd rather not have a weapon at all.
I'd have used it if I did own one with no hesitation several times in the past already.

Why don't people respect private property?
Old 03-19-2009, 12:01 PM
TR6
Drifting

I would probably have a natural hesitation to put bullet holes in my own car.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:05 PM
lmazzoli
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I have been asked many times about the gun thing. I do not own one but have been shopping around to pick the right one. I will most likely have one in the coming months for various reasons.

I went to Lowes after this occured and was talking to one of the sales people about what happened. With a completely striaght face, the sales associate looked at me and said "one to the head and two to the chest - you just don't want them talking anymore" I thougth that was interesting advice. Another person told me to make sure that the "holes were in the front of the body and not the back". I have had many other suggestions, but it is a shame what society has come to.

As for chasing them the day it was stolen, my keys and cell phone were upstairs, and I was standing at the door in boxers in 19 degree weather. The thoght of chasing came to mind, but I didn't think that I could get the keys and chase quick enough. Then agian, I figured that it woudl take the police less than 2.5 hours to get to my house!
Old 03-20-2009, 12:24 PM
v21
Intermediate

But how did he start your P car?
Old 03-20-2009, 01:01 PM
lmazzoli
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

The car was in my garage with the key thrown on the floor board. Like many I have spoken to, we ASSUME that having the car in your garage should be a safe place, and we just keep the key in the car. My mistake, I now unfortunately keep my cars completely locked in may garage, just in case.

I just checked, and car goes up for auction April 2, 209 at 8:00am CDT. Good luck to all bidders. If you get it let me know. It would be nice to know the new home it was going to.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:56 PM
v21
Intermediate

I see. How could he have known this (assuming he did)? It's rather risky to get-in the garage and then figure-out how to steal it.

I am sorry for your loss. It might have been an inside job.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:05 PM
fiemiller
Track Day

They probably didn't get in the garage with the intent of taking the porsche until they found the key. We get punk kids around here doing that crap looking for beer or other crap they might want. I am guessing they saw the owner and freaked out and dumped the porsche in the closest parking lot.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:07 PM
fiemiller
Track Day

If you are considering buying it remember that the title will likely be branded as a theft recovery which will affect the resale value.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:39 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by fiemiller
If you are considering buying it remember that the title will likely be branded as a theft recovery which will affect the resale value.
That's actually a good point. Probably best to research it in advance. You may end up with something like a salvage title since the car was "written off" even if the car wasn't harmed in any way.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:49 PM
MSHii
Advanced

Originally Posted by TR6
That's actually a good point. Probably best to research it in advance. You may end up with something like a salvage title since the car was "written off" even if the car wasn't harmed in any way.

That is the most likely scenario, but I don't think it would matter too much to someone who plans on keeping the car for the long haul. I don't know how it would affect an insurance payoff in the event of a total loss, though.

Quick Reply: HELP STOLEN 964 - ATLANTA, GA